High School Abroad France
Experience the French art de vivre! Book you student exchange in France and embrace a new lifestyle: C'est la vie!
Do you want to live and study in France? Nacel helps you to achieve your dream! We offer High school exchange programs in France for a term, a semester or a school year. Do not miss our French course in Paris in August!
Attend a French school and live with a French host family: this is the best way to improve your French skills quickly and efficiently. You may also choose to live in a French boarding school for a few months. Immerse yourself in the French culture and live an enriching experience with Nacel by participating in our High school exchange to France.
Nacel High School Abroad France highlights
Be an exchange student in France!
Your exchange program in France with Nacel: International students are given the opportunity to participate in a student exchange in France and attend a public or private, day or boarding school.
Option 1: Exchange program in a private boarding school in France
Our Boarding schools in France are located in the finest and most historical cities of the country such as:
- La Seyne sur Mer
Private schools in France are usually managed by Catholic entities but accept students of all faiths. Students remain on campus from Monday to Friday and then during weekends or holidays they are living with welcoming French host families. It is possible for International students to choose which destination they want to go to in order to complete their high school exchange program, however we recommended applying at least 3 months in advance to check availability of a specific school.
Option 2: Exchange students in Greater Paris
- either study in a High School in Paris Metropolitan area, in a French public school as a day schooler, living with a paid host family (limited availability)
- or study at an English speaking international boarding school located in the West of Paris
Option 3: Book your student exchange in France and opt for one specific region
We also offer native English and Spanish speakers the unique opportunity to be hosted by a French volunteer host family and attend a public school in one of the 4 main regions: North East, South East, North West, South West of France. The cheapest option and a good quality program!
What should I expect from my high school exchange program in France?
Based on each individual applicants’ academic performance and language level, the French school will determine whether the student will be placed in a lower grade than they would normally be in their home country or if in the same level. No grade equivalence is guaranteed by Nacel. The subjects that will be offered depend on the grade level and stream. Key subjects are:
- first foreign language (generally English),
- second foreign language (Spanish or German),
- and Physical education.
Students may also attend a non-mandatory intensive French course in Paris before school starts. The intensive course takes place during the last 2 weeks of August at our language center in Paris city center. More information available upon request.
Highlights of the student exchange in France:
- France welcomes international students from over 20 different countries every year, giving them the opportunity to enjoy everyday French lifestyle in some of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Host families are carefully selected through an interview process conducted by our Nacel France staff.
- International students go to school just like any other French student, enabling a full immersion into the French culture from the very first day.
- Unlike other exchange programs, with Nacel graduation is possible as long as the student completes at least 2 years of studies in France.
- Additional language courses are also offered in order to reinforce your student’s language skills before the academic year begins.
- Short term High School Integration programs available for 6 and 10 weeks. Placements are arranged all over France.