Learn Portuguese in Portugal
A very trendy destination for students is Portugal. It's a small, quiet country with traditions and delicious, fresh food. Learn Portuguese in Portugal with Nacel.
Travel like a local and study in Portugal. Book one of our low-cost flights and start your adventure studying in Lisbon, Porto, Braga or other destinations.
Find out more about our programs below.
Why should you study Portuguese in Portugal?
Understand why we think Portugal is a wonderful place to learn Portuguese!
- Portuguese is the third most spoken European language in the world after English and Spanish.
- Portuguese is spoken by more than 200 million people, it’s the official language in Brazil, Portugal, Angola, and many other countries.
- This language is very popular. Portuguese is the official language in 9 countries.
- Portugal has a very rich literature.
- To learn Portuguese is very important if you want to get to know the Portuguese culture, speak to people around the world, and create a closer link to locals who don’t speak English.
- The Portuguese language is currently the most active on the Internet.
- Thus if you travel or if you want to work in Latin America, remember that the official language in Brazil is Portuguese, so it’s worth speaking it.
- Learning a language means discovering a thought, a culture, a different lifestyle.
- Portugal and Brazil are very dynamic emerging countries to be discovered.
- Portugal is a very beautiful country with monuments and cathedrals.
Since 1957, Nacel offers a wide range of Portuguese courses and study abroad programs in Portugal. Our Portuguese collaborators will make your language travel in Portugal an exceptional and unforgettable experience.
We offer you Portuguese courses in the most beautiful destinations of Portugal: learn Portuguese in Portugal!
Do you want to know more about Portugal?
Let us give you some key information:
- Country: Portuguese Republic
- Number of inhabitants: 10,467,366 (2022 est.)
- Climate: maritime temperate; cool and rainy in north, warmer and drier in south
- Capital: Lisbon
- Government type: Unitary semi-presidential constitutional republic
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Religions: 84.8% Christianity, 14.1% no religion, 1.1% other (2021 est.)
- Official languages: Portuguese and Mirandese
- National Holiday: Portugal Day (Dia de Portugal), 10 June (1580); also called Camoes Day
- GDP per capita: $ 45,227 (2023 est.)
It is the language of the majority of people in Portugal, São Tomé and Príncipe, Brazil and Angola.
If you wish to discover Lisbon city, visit the Tower of Belem and Jeronimos Monastery. You will discover the various districts of the city and its organization and you feel a village atmosphere! Lisbon is a city that never disappoints!
Did you know that Portugal...
... is a small but very hospitable country? With an area of approximately 92 km², the country is small but its people are very warm and welcoming.
... is full of beautiful beaches? The beaches in the south of the country have clear, warm waters and in the north, the beaches are windier and have colder waters.
... has many medieval castles? You can visit famous castles such as Saint George's Castle and Moorish Castle.
... is a perfect place for shopping? The country has many street stores and malls. You can find ceramics, tiles, cork, wines, and much more.
... is famous for its authentic cuisine? You can enjoy Shredded Cod à Brás (made with shredded cod with potatoes, onion, and egg), Portuguese Stew (a meat and vegetable dish that includes different types of meat, such as chicken, beef, pork, and various pork sausages, as well as boiled carrots, cabbage and beans) or the famous Portuguese Custard Tart, a sweet of the gods.
What a wonderful country! You can enjoy all this and still learn Portuguese. Book your study abroad trip to learn Portuguese now.
Want to know more about studying in Portugal?
We'll tell you! Let's explain Portugal's school system.
It consists of 12 years of schooling before higher education. One important thing is that, after the ninth grade, the student must choose an area of study: general courses and technical/vocational courses). Each area of study includes different subjects.
The school year starts in September and ends in June.
You can find out more by clicking here.
Interested? Schedule a video call with our Expert Consultants now to receive personalized guidance!
How do I apply for a student visa to Portugal?
Here are some hints to help you plan an amazing study trip. We're going to talk about the student visa for Portugal.
First of all, you need to have a valid passport and ensure that it is valid for your stay.
The other important step in applying for a visa is filling in the application form. To do this, you need to know which visa is right for you. There are different types of visas, depending on the period of study, age, and origin of the student.
The next stage is to prepare evidence, if necessary, such as an admission letter from the chosen educational institution, financial proof, and proof of health insurance.
All these steps for obtaining a student visa for Portugal can be found on the website, click here to access it.
Keep this in mind! We will always be on hand to guide and advise you.
Is Portugal the right Study Abroad destination for you?
Contact us now! Book a Portuguese language course in Portugal with Nacel!
Whether you decide to participate in an exchange year in Portugal, we offer a whole range of study abroad programs to meet your needs that will allow you to learn Portuguese in Portugal!
Schedule a Video Call with our Expert Advisors now to receive personal advice! Click here to schedule.