Learn spanish in Mexico
Are you looking for an affordable study-abroad option in a Spanish-speaking country? Check out our exchange program for high school students in Mexico!
Becoming bilingual opens up a world of opportunities! Use your Spanish skills and immerse yourself in a unique experience that enhances both your personal and academic development. Live with a Mexican family and attend school like a local student. Nacel supports you throughout this amazing adventure abroad!
Embark on a cultural journey to Mexico - opt for our study abroad program for high school students in Mexico.
Why should you learn Spanish in Mexico?
We give you excellent reasons to choose this destination.
- To learn Spanish in Mexico is the best way to improve your Spanish
- Discover Mexican folklore after your Spanish Courses
- Learn Spanish in a sunny country!
- After your Spanish courses, enjoy the splendid Mexican beaches.
- Go to a “lucha libre” show.
- While your learn Spanish in Mexico, taste the famous Mexican cooking
- After your Spanish courses, listen to Mariachis while having a cocktail
- Discover the Pre-Columbian culture once your Spanish courses are over
- Our hosts families will make you discover their culture while you study Spanish in Mexico
- Nacel has more than 60 years of experience in study abroad programs and language courses and it's a language course leader on the French and European market.
Since 1957, Nacel offers a wide range of study abroad programs and Spanish courses in Mexico for students and adults. Our Mexican collaborators will make your language travel in Mexico an exceptional and unforgettable experience.
We offer you Spanish courses in the most beautiful destinations of Mexico: learn Spanish in Mexico City!
Do you want to know more about Mexico?
Let us give you some key information:
- Country: Mexico
- Inhabitants: 129,875,529 (2023 est.)
- Climate: Varies from tropical to desert
- Capital: Mexico City
- Government’s type: Federal Republic
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Main religions: Roman Catholic 56%, Protestant 10%, other 18% and 17% No religion
- Languages: Spanish (official), various Mayan, Nahuatl, and other regional indigenous languages (68 Indigenous languages)
- National holiday: Independence Day, 16 September (1810)
- GDP per capita: $ 24,975 (2023 est)
Spanish is the third most spoken language in the world. Unlike most variations of the other Spanish-speaking countries, in Mexican Spanish it is the vowels which lose strength, while consonants are fully pronounced. However, a Spaniard and a Mexican will understand each other perfectly.
If you wish to discover the vibrant Mexico City, admire beautiful landscapes or visit the Mexican countryside, come and learn Spanish in Mexico with us. Take the opportunity to live a matchless experience thanks to our Spanish courses in Mexico!
Did you know that in Mexico...
... you can go up to the pyramids of the Sun and the Moon? They are located in the ruins of Teotihuacán an ancient Aztec city known as the "City of the Gods".
... you could enjoy tacos, enchiladas, guacamole and chiles en nogada? Experience Mexican gastronomy.
... you find natural freshwater wells? They're called Cenotes and are found all over the Yucatán Peninsula, it's amazing!
... there are folkloric dance performances? Accompanied by the vibrant music of the mariachis, there are various folkloric dance performances.
... you see the " alebrijes" sculptures? They represent imaginary creatures and are part of Mexican folk art.
Enjoy? Come and discover this vibrant country and immerse yourself in the Spanish language. Book now.
How to apply for a student visa to Mexico?
Do you want to embark on a study adventure in Mexico? Great choice! To make sure everything goes perfectly, here are some tips on how to get your student visa.
First of all, you need to have a valid passport. You should fill in the visa application form and will need a photograph.
It is essential to know the specifics of the study program you have chosen.
You can find all the information about the student visa on the website, click here.
But no need to worry, we are there with you every step of the way to guide and advise you
Want to know more about studying in Mexico? We'll explain!
We're going to explain the school system in Mexico. It is divided into pre-escolar (kinder), primaria (elementary / primary), secundaria (junior high school / secondary, preparatoria (senior high school), universidad (university) and maestria (mastery).
The international student takes part in the "preparatoria" class, which lasts 3 years and the students are between 16 and 18 years old. There are 6 semesters that start with a common curriculum and then specialization.
Most schools are open from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm, from Monday through Friday.
Courses are held in Spanish and include Math, Biology, History, Spanish language and literature, Physical Education, Art, Music, French, and Italian.
All schools offer English courses, some of them French courses as well.
Interested? Schedule a Video Call with our Expert Consultants now to receive personalized advice! Click here to book
Is Mexico the right Study Abroad destination for you? Contact us now
Book a Spanish language course in Mexico with Nacel! We can listen to your needs and preferences and help you make the right choice.
Schedule a Video Call with our Expert Advisors now to receive personal advices! Click here to schedule