Learn German in Germany
You have been telling us that you would like to study in Europe, in a country with opportunities for the students, with lot of things to do and to see, where you can learn German. Well, here it is: Germany!
Our study abroad programs in Germany are for students and adults of all levels. Learn German in Berlin, Munich, Augsburg, Frankfurt, Cologne and in other destinations.
Why should you study German in Germany?
Discover why we think Germany is a good place to learn German!
- To learn German in Germany is the best and affordable way to improve your German abroad.
- Germans are really welcoming, which will help you for any linguistic experiment after your German courses.
- Make friends in Goethe’s country, and you will be able to keep on improving German once back home.
- Taste the German culinary delights, and learn how to pronounce these specialities’ names: Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Knuckle, Schweinehaxe…
- While your learn German in Germany, admire stunning landscapes, which are different in each and every Länder.
- After your German courses, discover German cultural richness, its writers, philosophers, musicians and inventors.
- Live in a country which is very attached to sustainable development and ecology.
- German is the second most spoken language on the internet.
- Our hosts families will make you discover their culture while you learn German in Germany.
- Nacel has more than 60 years of experience in language courses and high school exchange programs and it's a language course leader in the French and European market.
Since 1957, Nacel offers a wide range of study abroad programs in Germany for students and adults. Our German collaborators will make your language travel in Germany an exceptional and unforgettable experience. Learn German in Germany with Nacel.
We offer you German courses and high school programs in the most beautiful destinations of Germany: learn German in Berlin, learn German in Munich, learn German in Hamburg, or learn German in Cologne…
Invest in your education, learn German in Germany with us and travel cheaper and more local. Hundreds of students have already traveled with Nacel. You are welcomed in the Nacel's family as well!
Do you want to know more about Germany?
Let us give you some key information:
- Country: Germany
- Inhabitants: 84,482,267 (2023 est.)
- Climate: temperate
- Capital: Berlin
- Government’s type: Federal parliamentary republic
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Main religions: Christian 66.8%, Protestants 31.7%, Roman Catholics 31.2% and Orthodox 1.3%.
- Languages: German (official)
- National holiday: October 3rd, day of the German unit
- GBP per capita: $ 66,037 (2023 est.)
German is the second most spoken language in Europe, after Russian. German language spoken in Germany is called Hochdeutsch. In Austria and in German Switzerland, pronunciation can differ a lot, and a native’s accent can make comprehension tough for an unused ear. Learn German in Germany and you'll get the right accent.
If you wish to discover the luminous Berlin and its cultural aura, the soft Munich and his famous gastronomy, or the sparkling Hamburg and its architectural charms, come and learn German in Germany with us. Take the opportunity to live a matchless experience thanks to our German courses!
Did you know that Germany...
... borders 9 countries? They are Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, and Poland.
... home to exciting, modern cities? Imagine visiting Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, and Frankfurt. Yes, they are all in the country and are excellent places to travel to or study.
... has a very flavorful and tasty cuisine? You can try the famous German sausages ("Wurst"), fermented cabbage ("Sauerkraut"), breaded and fried pork steak ("Schnitzel"), among many other wonders.
... are known for Pretzels? This delicacy resembles oval-shaped bread dough with a knot in the middle. Pretzels can come with sweet or savory toppings and are a typical dish in the country.
... is customary not to enter the house wearing shoes? Yes, they remove shoes before entering the residence. That's a tip!
It has all this and much more! Come and learn German with Nacel in Germany.
Want to know more about studying in Germany? We'll explain!
Studying German in Germany allows you to immerse yourself in the local culture and experience everyday life. Let's understand how the school system works in Germany.
Classes usually start at 8:00 in the morning and last about 45 minutes, finishing around 13:00. There are 30-40 class periods each week, with different subjects: two or three foreign languages, physics, biology, chemistry, and usually civics/social studies, mathematics, music, art, history, German, geography, religious/ethical education.
Some afternoon activities are offered in some German schools - mainly choir or orchestra, sometimes sports, theater, or languages.
There are different types of schools, such as "Gymnasium" or "Realschule". The Gymnasium is intended to prepare for the student's education and ends with the Abitur final exam after the 12th grade, most often in the 13th year. The Realschule has a wider range of emphases for intermediate students and ends with the final exam Mittlere Reife, after the 10th grade.
How to apply for a student visa to Germany?
We'll help you every step of the way - you'll never be alone!
Find out everything you need to know to plan your studies in Germany! To have a pleasant journey and prepare well for an unforgettable trip, it's important to know the requirements for obtaining a student visa.
First of all, you need to have a valid passport for the duration of your stay. In the case of student visas, there are three possibilities:
- Language Course Visa (Visa for Language Learning)
- Student Applicant Visa
- Student Visa
After understanding your type of study program and checking the appropriate visa, you will need to go to the embassy closest to your current residence for an interview.
Note that other documents may be requested, such as health insurance, financial proof, a letter of acceptance from your chosen institution, etc.
You can find all the detailed information about the requirements for obtaining a student visa in Germany on the website, just click here.
And remember, Nacel will be with you every step of the way to guide and advise you.
Let us know your plans, click here.
Is Germany the right Study Abroad destination for you? Contact us now
Whether you decide to enroll in a German language school, to an academic year in Germany, or to live in total immersion in a German family, we offer a whole range of programs to meet your needs, and to allow you to learn German in Germany!
Schedule a Video Call with our Expert Advisors now to receive personal advice! Click here to schedule