Looking for a language immersion and cultural travel abroad next summer?
Interested in going to school abroad for a few weeks and sharing the everyday life of local teens?
In need of an intensive language course with a private teacher?
Experience our language immersion programs with homestays.
Why choose a summer homestay immersion in France, in Spain, or any of the destinations listed below?
- Travel independently, on the dates and for the length YOU have chosen
- Choose YOUR destination and YOUR language
- Be fully immersed in the language you study and avoid speaking your mother tongue for quick language improvement
- Live a real cultural journey and meet with real local people! Make friends for a lifetime!
- Use the opportunity to travel during school time and attend a local high school!
- Book intensive one-to-one language classes to boost your language skills quickly!
Choose your homestay immersion for high school students! We also offer a Homestay Immersion Program for Adults, inquire!
Dutch Homestay Immersion
French Homestay Immersion
German Homestay Immersion
Italian Homestay Immersion
Japanese Homestay Immersion
- Discover our Cultural Homestay Immersion Programs for High School students and Adults!
- What should I expect from a Teen language and culture immersion program abroad?
- Which foreign language could I study during my homestay immersion abroad?
- Which are the countries where this homestay experience abroad is offered?
- What will I learn during my High School Summer Abroad program?
- Do you have Homestay Immersion for Adults as well?
- As an adult, which are the countries where I can experience a homestay immersion?
- Frequently asked questions
Discover our Cultural Homestay Immersion Programs for High School students and Adults!
Live with a welcoming and caring host family abroad for a few weeks and learn the language and culture from the inside! The language and cultural homestay immersion programs provide international High School students and adults with an opportunity to become a member of a host family living abroad.
During our high school summer abroad, the student shares the day-to-day life and special activities of a local host family. The program does usually not include language courses or group activities, even if it may be added as an option in some countries. Look at the various options for your language immersion for teens with host family.
Adults may also experience the Cultural Homestay Immersion thanks to our one-to-one teacher's language lessons. They are welcomed by their teacher and his/her family for a few weeks, study a language intensively with the teacher, and share the everyday life of the family. They can also plan activities or outings with the teacher. This is a language and culture immersion in a homestay.
What should I expect from a Teen language and culture immersion program abroad?
International High School students are welcomed into a family not as guests but as real new members of the host family: the participant should therefore not behave as a tourist but as a new child of the family.
Students should be prepared to participate in, and to adapt to family life and to help with various tasks at home. The more the student will try to learn about the local customs, diet, and habits, the more rewarding the experience will be!
The student participating in a summer immersion program should be open-minded, mature and curious. He/she will make new friends, become acquainted with a foreign culture from the inside, and make significant progress in learning a foreign language due to the constant immersion in the language studied.
Most homestays are living in small towns or the countryside. Very few families living in city centers may welcome exchange students due to the size of their housing. The language immersion with the host family is organized thanks to motivated homestays eager to welcome a student from abroad.
Which foreign language could I study during my homestay immersion abroad?
Embark for an amazing summer homestay immersion programs!
Check our homestay immersion program information depending on the language you wish to improve!
- Spanish immersion in Spain: spend a few weeks with a Spanish host family in Spain!
- Spanish immersion in Chile: get to know the Chilean culture thank you your host family in Chile!
- Spanish immersion in Mexico: experience life in Mexico with a local host family!
- Spanish immersion in Argentina: The Argentinean lifestyle will have no more secrets for you!
- English immersion in Ireland: live with an Irish host family in Ireland!
- English immersion in the USA: your American dream with a US host family
- English immersion in New Zealand: travel down to meet a Kiwi host family!
Italian: Italian immersion in Italy: the Dolce Vita for a few weeks with your Italian host family
Portuguese: Portuguese immersion in Brazil: experience Brazil from inside with your host family!
If you are older than 16 and/or in need of a more intensive language study program, opt for the most efficient language learning program: attend one-to-one language classes and benefit from private language courses abroad. Enquire!
Which are the countries where this homestay experience abroad is offered?
This homestay experience abroad is offered in many different countries:
- School year Immersion in Germany: Live in a German host family in various regions of Germany,
- School Year and Summer Immersion in France: Live a French summer immersion in France and discover Paris,
- School year and Summer immersion in Spain Discover our Spanish homestay immersion in Spain
- School year Immersion in Argentina, Chile or Mexico
- School year and Summer Immersion in Italy: Discover the Italian homestay way of life,
- Summer Immersion in the USA: Enjoy an American summer homestay.
- and many more!
We have plenty of destinations on offer for your language immersion with your host family: click on your preferred destinations above!
If you wish to live this homestay immersion abroad but also go to school abroad, then choose:
- Argentina (local students still attend school in July and August!)
- Chile (local students still attend school in July and August!),
- the Netherlands
- New Zealand (local students still attend school in July and August!)
What will I learn during my High School Summer Abroad program?
It is not just about language acquisition. This exciting summer homestay immersion for high school students also promotes international understanding. It is an excellent opportunity to learn another language and discover a new culture and way of life. You will no doubt develop your intercultural skills!
Language improvement comes from constant immersion within a family as well as with their friends and relatives. For example, during your Spanish immersion in Spain, you will most probably be able to meet a lot of neighbors, including Spanish teenagers: during the summer time, it is usual for Spanish homestays to spend a lot of time out of home and therefore meet with the local community!
This summer immersion program is generally four weeks long, however some longer or shorter programs can be offered. We encourage you to stay as long as you can: the longer you stay, the more immersed you will be and the quicker you will learn new words, become more communicative, understand people better, and express yourself more clearly.
Some options may be added alongside your language homestay immersion programs:
- School Integration (during school time only): for example during your Italian homestay in Italy or your summer immersion in Germany; this is also offered as an option to our homestay immersion in France and in most Latin American countries. Try out our English homestay immersion in Ireland! Meet with international classmates!
- Discovery of Paris with the French immersion in France (see program description).
Eligibility: This summer immersion program is dedicated to High School students from 13 to 18 years old. This program is suitable for students who are already quite autonomous and do not need a structured daily schedule. We recommend our participants have a sufficient level in the language (1 to 2 years of study is a minimum) to be able to communicate, at least basically, with the host family members.
Accommodation: Host family immersion. Students are hosted in homestays which will provide full board accommodation and laundry.
Specification: Please note that participants cannot choose a specific area in a country for the homestay immersion. Nacel reserves the possibility to place the student anywhere in the hosting country. The goal of this program is to match a student with a host family, wherever they live, as this is not a touristic program. We try to match interests and hobbies as much as possible!
Dates: Individuals may choose dates all year round, depending on availability. June/July/August for summer immersion programs or academic year for school integration programs.
Application deadlines: We need to receive an application at least 3 months prior departure.
Do you have Homestay Immersion for Adults as well?
The best way to learn a foreign language: live at your language teacher's home and get intensive one-to-one private language immersion classes. Discover our Homestay Immersions for adults! Teens may also participate in such a program, as well as families!
Thanks to a host family immersion with language courses in the country of your choice, you will be able to learn or improve a foreign language within a short time! Live in your teacher's house and benefit from 15, 20, or 25 hours of private language lessons per week. The content of these will be adapted to your interests and needs. Spend the rest of your free time visiting the area or doing other activities independently!
Living in the teacher's home and getting private language lessons is the only language learning system that prevents the student from speaking his/her mother tongue after class and thus destroying a great part of what he/she has learned. The one-to-one language lessons are the whole key to rapid learning. Students will have the unique opportunity to be in a full homestay immersion experience, to live with and be individually taught by their own private teacher. This one-to-one homestay immersion program is very intensive.
Course Methodology: Each student is hosted by a private native teacher. This teacher has a further education diploma which might not be only languages. The methodology used during the private language lessons is always supervised by a local coordinator. The one-to-one language classes cover the 4 basic skills of the language learning process: oral and written comprehension, and oral and written expression. Because the teacher is also in charge of the homestay accommodation, the Home Lessons program offers the unique opportunity of a full family integration. The student should indicate his/her level in the language studied. The timetable of the private lessons will be organized by the teacher.
As an adult, which are the countries where I can experience a homestay immersion?
Adults (young, middle aged, senior or retired) are welcome to book their Adult Host Family Immersion Abroad and thus boost their language skills while they further explore a country and a foreign culture.
Select your language homestay program and learn English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and many more languages!
Private Lessons at the Teacher's Home are offered in:
- English immersion homestay for adults in Australia,
- English homestay immersion for adults in Canada,
- German homestay immersion for adults in Germany,
- French homestay immersion for adults in France,
- English homestay immersion for adults in Ireland,
- Italian homestay immersion for adults in Italy,
- English homestay immersion for adults in Malta,
- Spanish homestay immersion for adults in Spain,
- English homestay immersion for adults in England,
- English homestay immersion for adults in the USA.
Other destinations on request: China, Costa Rica, The Netherlands, Portugal, Japan, Austria etc.
Private Lessons at the Teacher's Home, Key program highlights:
- Dates: All year long. The student must arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Saturday.
- Length: Minimum 1 week Home Lessons (length unlimited).
- Accommodation: Teacher’s family, full board.
Frequently asked questions
Private immersion classes in the teacher's home usually last from one to fifty weeks.
A homestay immersion lasts from two to sixteen weeks for longer programs (unless the student is on a student exchange abroad).
When you book our program private one-to-one language lessons at the teacher’s home, the placement process may only take a few days.
In a pure homestay immersion program, we confirm the host family placement a couple of weeks prior to the student's arrival. This is only possible after we have visited, interviewed and screened the host family.
However, if the program includes high school integration, the host family placement can only be confirmed once the host school has accepted the student. This process may take several months.
If you book private language lessons at the teacher's home, we will choose a teacher and their family based on your preferences for location, accommodation, environment, and more.
When booking a homestay immersion program abroad, it is mandatory to fill out an application form where you may provide some useful information such as special dietary requirements, preferences regarding children or pets, etc. It will help us to ensure that your homestay experience is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Once your placement is confirmed, you can start getting to know your host family right away!
Feel free to use any communication channel that works best for you, whether email, phone calls or video calls.
We cannot guarantee that the host family will have children, including children of your age.
If you book our program for private one-to-one language lessons at the teacher's home, it's possible that some families may not have children at home or that their children may not be available during the time you are staying with them.
When booking a homestay immersion program abroad, they may or may not have children. If there are, we cannot guarantee that they are the same age as you. However, based on our students' experiences, living with families that have older or younger children can be a very enriching experience.
Families have the opportunity to apply to become a host family for a student, whether it be for a short or long stay. The purpose of this is to share their language and culture with someone from abroad.
Host families can either be volunteer-based or paid homestays, depending on the program and country.
Our team meticulously selects, visits and screens each host family to ensure they meet our standards. This includes checking the hosting conditions, the host family’s motivations, and expectations. We also provide them with an explanation of the program's goals and what is expected of our students.
Depending on the country, prospective host families who participate in a homestay immersion program provide official clearance documents and authorization.
These legal requirements are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our students.
The earlier you apply, the better, especially during summertime as it gets busy.
If you want to book private one-to-one language lessons at the teacher's home, we recommend planning for a minimum of four weeks in low season and a minimum of two months in high season.
For pure homestay immersion, we suggest planning at least four months before arrival.
In private one-to-one language lessons at the teacher's home, for an extra fee, you may book 10, 15 or 20 hours of activities per week or 3, 4 or 5 cultural visits per week. Your host teacher will be part of them, which will also allow you to continue learning and practicing the foreign language.
In a pure homestay immersion, some countries may offer tours for an extra fee.
In general, the host family will allow you to improve your foreign language skills and to experience the culture and country from the inside, and not as a tourist. You can look forward to spending quality time with your host family, participating in their activities, and sharing your own experiences and knowledge about your home country.
When you choose one-to-one language lessons at the teacher's home, we carefully select a teacher and their family based on your requirements and provide you with a complete profile. If you feel that the teacher offered or the town are not the right fit for you, we explore alternative options and try our best to accommodate your needs.
When you book a homestay immersion program, while you do not have the option to choose the host family, we strive to match you with the best possible one who is interested in welcoming you into their home for a cultural exchange.