Learn Spanish in Argentina
Have you ever imagined visiting Argentina, a country famous for its gastronomy, nature, and culture? One of the South American countries with a lot of European influence.
Argentina is a multicultural country that welcomes visitors from all over the world and boasts an impressive cultural and artistic wealth: theater, paintings, literature, and music are some of its expressions. Not to mention soccer, which is a national passion.
Join us on an unforgettable journey with our homestay and high school exchange programs, designed for students aged 14 to 19.
Click below to choose your favourite program and access a wealth of information: detailed descriptions, immersive videos, interesting activities, testimonials from other students, and program costs. Your adventure to discover all Argentina has to offer starts now!
Why should you learn Spanish in Argentina?
We give you excellent reasons to choose this destination.
- You will be able to speak with over 320 million people around the globe who speak Spanish.
- Argentina is the second largest country in Latin America, and boasts a variety of natural wonders and cultural attractions, centered around the capital city of Buenos Aires.
- The art, museum, and culture scene is never-ending as there is always a different gallery, exhibit, or show to be enjoyed.
- Argentina has many gastronomic treasures, from traditional dishes to international cuisine.
- Live a new experience learning Spanish abroad and discover South America!
- Develop your creativity. Learning a new language stimulates the imagination.
- Learn to dance Tango! See the sensual and seductive Tango danced by professionals from Argentina.
- Add a new language to your CV. Spanish is an incredibly widespread and useful language.
- Prices of basics are very affordable for students, which leaves you with a bigger budget to travel and see the sights.
- After completing your Argentina study abroad experience you'll have lots of nearby and accessible places to travel and explore.
Since 1957, Nacel offers a wide range of Study abroad programs and Spanish courses in Argentina for students and adults. Our Argentinean coordinators will make your language travel in Argentina an exceptional and unforgettable experience.
We offer you Spanish courses in the most beautiful destinations of Argentina: learn Spanish in Argentina!
Do you want to know more about Argentina?
Let us give you some key information:
- Country: Argentine Republic
- Number of inhabitants: 46,621,847 (2023 est.)
- Climate: mostly temperate; arid in southeast; subantarctic in southwest
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Government type: republic
- Currency: Argentine peso (ARS)
- Religions: 58,9% Christianity, 1,3% other and 39,8% no religion
- Languages: Spanish (official), Guaraní, Quechua, Qom, Mocovi, Welsh (co-official)
- National Holiday: Revolution Day, 25 May (1810)
- GDP per capita: $ 13,297 (2023 est.)
The country's official language is Spanish. However there are some forms that differ from Spanish as spoken in Spain (For example the use of "vos"). Rioplatense Spanish or River Plate Spanish is a dialectal variant (or simply, a "dialect") of the Spanish language spoken mainly in the areas in and around the Río de la Plata basin (or River Plate region) of Argentina and Uruguay, and also in Paraguay.
If you wish to discover the vibrant Buenos Aires city, admire the immense Catedral Metropolitana (Metropolitan Cathedral). Buenos Aires is a heady mix of vibrant Argentine culture and cosmopolitan city life. It is a city known for its many shops too!
Want to know more about studying in Argentina? We'll explain!
Let's understand the Argentinian school system. There are 3 levels: pre-school education (from 5 years old), primary education (from 6 to 12), and secondary education (from 13 to 17/18).
Secondary education has compulsory courses: Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Physical Education, Mathematics, Spanish, Literature, Foreign Language (English), Music, Technology and Economics.
But there are some subjects based on the offer of each school, such as: Technical Drawing, Biology, Physics, Plastic and Visual Education, Chemistry, French, Italian, Latin, etc.
Even if it's a public, semi-private, or semi-public school, most are open from 08:00 am to 01:00 pm. Some schools are open from 01:30 pm to 06:30 pm.
One other thing you should know is that many schools require students to wear a uniform. You can also take the chance in the mornings or afternoons to have tango lessons, Spanish courses or practice sports in various clubs.
See how exciting it is to study in Argentina? Schedule a Video Call with our Expert Consultants now to receive personalized advice! Click here to book
Did you know that in Argentina...
... you'll find people dancing the tango in the streets? That's right! This beautiful dance can be found everywhere, even in physical education classes.
... people rest after lunchtime? Argentinians have a habit of taking a break after lunch. This custom is called "siesta".
... it is difficult to choose between pizza or parrilla? A big dilemma! Parrilla is a typical local dish, but how can you resist a slice of pizza?
... you see soccer everywhere? It's a national passion. You'll find lots of people talking about it on a day-to-day.
... there is a sweet called "Alfajor"? This delicious treat has two round discs of cookies filled with dulce de leche (or another filling) and covered in chocolate.
Do you fancy studying Spanish in Argentina? Then book now!
How to apply for a student visa to Argentina?
Want to embark on a study adventure in Argentina? Excellent choice! To make sure everything goes well, here are some tips on how to get your student visa.
First of all, make sure your passport is valid for at least six months with two blank pages.
In addition, you need to fill in a visa application form. When you choose the educational institution, make sure it is registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants of Argentina (RENURE).
The student visa also depends on your age and the period you wish to stay in the country.
You can find all the detailed information about the requirements for obtaining a student visa to Argentina by clicking here. But remember, this is just an example, you should contact the nearest consulate (click here).
Anyway, don't be worry! We will be there with you every step of the way to guide you and advise you.
Is Argentina the right Study Abroad destination for you? Contact us now
Book a Spanish language course in Argentina with Nacel! We can listen to your needs and preferences and help you make the right choice.
Schedule a Video Call with our Expert Advisors now to receive personal advices! Click here to schedule