Permanent boarding school in France
Discover our permanent boarding school in the South of France!
Your Exchange Program in a permanent boarding school in France with Nacel International!
International students have the opportunity to attend a 7 day permanent boarding school in the South of France.
This school considers students in Grade 10 and 11 and offers the three general streams:
- Economics and Social Sciences
In Grade 10, students may attend options such as:
- "Multi-art" option (plastic art, music and cinema)
- Artistic exploration (art and philosophy), literature and society
- "Micro-business experience"
Size: 370 students.
Boarding quarters (4 students per room, shared bathroom, living room): 30 students.
- Various options on offer (Plastic Arts, Rugby, Handball, Outdoor sports, Horseback Riding and Dance).
- Cultural clubs: Radio, Theatre, Cinema, Arts, a lot of thematic Wednesday afternoons and evenings at the boarding school.
- Personalized support for each student, school time adjusted for options.
- Opportunities to take French language lessons and to sit the DELF exam.
Minimum French level: A2
French time allowed outside of school: not independently but with adults.
What should I expect of my school year in France?
French secondary education is divided into two schools:
Completion of secondary studies leads to the “baccalauréat”. The school’s director makes the decision regarding grade and placement level for international students, taking into account the school’s organization, the student’s transcripts and their French level. All students attend general classes such as French, History, Foreign Language (usually English, then German or Spanish), Sports, etc.. There are three available pathways, for Grades 11 and 12: Science with a focus on Biology, Physics and Maths; Economics with a focus on Economics and Social Sciences; Literature with a focus on French, Philosophy, and Foreign Languages.
Study abroad in a permanent boarding school in the South of France!
This program is pretty unique. It allows you to live at school with your classmates full time, during weekdays and weekends. This is what we call "permanent boarding".
During the weekends, the dorm staff arranges a great variety of programming, including:
- sports activities,
- cultural activities,
- visits and excursions locally and in the region including full days in Rodez, Albi, Montpellier or Toulouse
- ski trips.
The weekends are organized as such:
- 1 weekend/2 in Espalion (study time, free time, local supervised leisure and activity time)
- 1 weekend/2 excursion to Rodez (discovery, free time and activities)
- 1 weekend per term with an overnight in Toulouse, Montpellier and outdoor challenge
- 3 weekends (without overnight) skiing in the mountains (activities, accommodation, board, supervision and transportation are included in the package).
Exchange students live at the boarding quarters with their school friends during the week (Monday to Friday) and the weekends, with full board.
During school holidays, students may fly back home or may be hosted by a host family, with full board.
The application to your student exchange program in France is done in six stages:
1. An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
2. You complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents
3. We issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement
4. Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you
5. We assist you to apply for your visa if necessary
6. You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your arrival
We wish you a successful exchange program in our permanent boarding school in the South of France!
Permanent boarding school in France
- Administration fees
- School registration and tuition fees (including school lunches)
- Boarding school accommodation on weekdays and weekends (full time boarding except holidays)
- Weekend sport activities, excursions and transportation included,
- French as a foreign language classes included
- School books
- Support, assistance and 24-hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage loss, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities such as sports, excursions, etc. organized by the school or others, extra language courses
- Half term holidays' homestay accommodation (per 2 weeks): 400 EUR
- Domestic transfer on departure day
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Mandatory fees to be added to program prices:
- Supervised transfer on arrival to school/host family: 300 EUR