South of France Boarding school
Discover our High School program in Rodez and Espalion, in the South of France
Your Exchange Program in a South of France boarding school with Nacel International:
Rodez is a small historical city of about 45,000 inhabitants, with an outstanding quality of life. This boarding school in France is located in the heart of the city, on 6 acre campus, near the cultural area of the city centre: youth club, cinemas, museums, media centre.
Espalion a very nice city is located in the north of Aveyron.
Exchange students live at the boarding quarters of the school from Monday to Friday and with a nice French host family during weekends and school holidays. In Espalion, students may opt for full time permanent boarding in France.
What should I expect of my school year in France?
French secondary education is divided into two schools:
Completion of secondary studies leads to the “baccalauréat”. The school’s director makes the decision regarding grade and placement level for international students, taking into account the school’s organization, the student’s transcripts and their French level. All students attend general classes such as French, History, Foreign Language (usually English, then German or Spanish), Sports, etc.. There are three available pathways, for Grades 11 and 12: Science with a focus on Biology, Physics and Maths; Economics with a focus on Economics and Social Sciences; Literature with a focus on French, Philosophy, and Foreign Languages.
Most private boarding schools in France only offer 5-day boarding option. Exchange students are hosted in host families for weekends and holidays. The school is Espalion can offer 7 day boarding.
Study abroad in a boarding school in the South of France
Rodez: we place in two schools.
The Collège is a French boarding school that grew out of a Catholic congregation established in 1859; it enjoys an excellent reputation with good academic results. The Institution Saint Joseph, « St Jo » as it is known to the local population, is a well-known school.
- Size: 920 students
- Boarding house: 170 students (1 to 4 bedded rooms and shared bathrooms).
- Activities: various sports (see below) and Choir, Art club, Theatre, Writing; in the evening for boarders only : movies, conferences, special activities.
The Lycée Louis Querbes focuses on Sciences:
- Sciences and Technology of Management
- Health and social sciences
- Sciences and techniques of industry and sustainable development
Graduation from a secondary school in France is only possible after at least two years of study (Grade 11 and 12).
Exchange students live at the boarding quarters with their school friends during the week (Monday to Friday), with full board, and with a host family on weekends and during the school holidays, with full board.
South of France boarding school in Rodez and Espalion, France
* Price in EUR per participant.
Not included Application fees (65 euros)
- Administration fees
- School registration and tuition fees (including school lunches)
- Boarding school accommodation on weekdays and weekends (full time boarding except holidays)
- Weekend sport activities, excursions and transportation included,
- French as a foreign language classes included
- School books
- Support, assistance and 24-hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage loss, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities such as sports, excursions, etc. organized by the school or others, extra language courses
- Half term holidays' homestay accommodation (per 2 weeks): 400 EUR
- Domestic transfer on departure day
- Personal expenses and pocket money
Mandatory fees to be added
- Meet&Greet + Orientation: 320 EUR
- Supervised transfer on arrival to school/host family: 300 EUR
- Insurance: 230 EUR
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted in this South of France boarding school.
A minimum of two years of French study and good academic results are required to study in France.