Junior Homestay in France
If you are planning to spend your summer in France, practice the language and get involved in the culture in the best way possible then our Junior Homestay immersion in France is the program for you!
This immersion program in France is designed for students who are not interested in going to classes but just to enjoy of the beauty that France has to offer and improve their French in a very natural way. Our volunteer host families, are experiencedin welcoming international students and motivate the pupils to join them in the day to day life of the French families. Students are required to be flexible and open minded as our families come from different social and economic backgrounds, however always ensuring a rewarding and fruitful time!
Highlights of the program:
- "I found my homestay to be very fun and effective. My French skills improved and now I have friends in France. Overall a great experience." Eliza
- "I really enjoyed my stay in France. Nacel did a wonderful job of placing me with a perfect family. They shared many of my interests, like running, so I was able to do my summer conditioning for cross country with my family." Nora
- "The family was very nice. I was given a warm welcome by the family. Their family life was a bit different like it’s for me in Austria. But it was a great new experience to see how everyday life of an extended family is like." Melanie
- "Thomas enjoyed his stay in France and his French standard seems to have improved significantly as a result. The family with whom he stayed was friendly and hospitable and made an effort to ensure that he visited interesting places and experienced aspects of French culture. The accommodation they provided was comfortable and the food was good. We were particularly pleased that the family ate together every evening and Thomas was able to take part in their conversation and family time at the dinner table.
We are glad that we put Thomas into the programme and would recommend it to other parents of children wishing to improve their ability in a foreign language." Thomas
NATALIE / 17 Y.O / USA
|On the phone|
|Quality of the phone contact|
|Quality of the information provided|
|On the website|
|Quality of the website|
|Quality of the information provided|
|Documents sent after booking|
|Application forms sent to you on time|
|Clarity of the content in the forms|
|Distance from the school|
|Number of students per family|
The student is hosted in a French host family on a full board basis.
French host families volunteer to host a student, which means they are not paid to provide room and board.They are generally really enthusiastic and offer a warm welcome to the student. They are also eager to share their way of life with the student, and will want to know all about life back home.
French host families welcome their exchange student for several weeks in the hope that the experience will lead to lasting friendship. They look forward to sharing not only their language but also their everyday life with someone eager to participate.
The new family member is expected to take part in the daily activities of his or her host family. Integration into the family is the ultimate goal of the homestay experience. However, host families are not required to organize activities, visits or excursions. The participant comes with his/her own spending money to cover the cost of activities.
* Price in Euros per participant.
Application fees (65 euros)
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Airport pick-up and transfer from Paris airport to the host family (on arrival and departure)
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
- For Homeschooling in France: French classes 15 hours
- For Homestay in France and Discovery Paris: transfers to Paris, local transportation, accommodation, full board, supervision and guided tour
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the family or others
- Extra language courses
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- School integration (if any)*
A minimum of one to two year of French language study.
Participants must show that they are mature enough to participate in the French homestay in France, that requires: