International High School in the USA
Be an exchange student in an international school in Minnesota
The St. Paul Preparatory Scholars program is a private International High School program in the USA, located in St. Paul, Minnesota. St. Paul Preparatory Preparatory Scholars program is a college preparatory high school accredited by AdvancED, and welcomes students from 9th grade (freshmen) to 12th grade (seniors).
Highlights of the program:
Graduation is possible during your experience in our International High School in the USA. More than 90 percent of our students matriculate at local or international colleges and universities upon graduation.
International students will be placed with welcoming American host families under a stipended scheme with full board. Students will have the possibility to interact with American host families, practise the language at all times and have a better glimpse in the American culture.
Host families might host multiple students from different nationalities.
International students interested in joining this international high school in the USA, must follow these steps:
1. You must complete an interview to determine eligibility. It is compulsory that a member of your family is present during this process.
2. If eligible, please complete the online booking for the program. Once we receive the confirmation, we will be sending you a digital version of the application.
3. Complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents in digital form.
4. Once you are accepted in the program, we will issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement.
5. Arrangements are made for your placement and will be communicated to you.
6. We will assist you to apply for your Visa, if necessary. We will require you to have a preparation conference.
7. You determine your travel arrangements and we will organize your arrival.
We wish you a very successful exchange program in our international school in Minnesota!
International High School program in the USA
* Price in US Dollars per participant.
Not included : Application Fees (65 EUR)
- Administration fees
- School registration and tuition fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunch taken to school)
- Orientation on arrival by the school staff
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the host family on arrival and departure
- Issuance of I-20
- Local transportation
- Mandatory Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, SEVIS, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the school and others
- Extra language courses
- School fees such as book fees, locker fees, uniform fees, yearbook fee, activity fees, sport participation fee, graduation fee etc.
- Lunches taken in cafeterias and restaurants
- Subject material fee (Drawing, Biology etc.)
- Personal expenses and pocket money (300 to 400 USD/month)
Students must be between 14 to 18 years old on arrival. We do not accept students that have already graduated from schools in their home country.
We accept students that have turned 18, as long as they have not yet graduated.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their own home country, before being accepted for a High School program in the USA (preferably in English).
A minimum of two years of English study and good academic results are required to study in the USA.
I enjoyed my stay in St. Paul. I am grateful that I had such a good host family like that. I had only a host mother but three roommates. My roommates were from Korea, China, and Switzerland. I shared my room with a boy from Switzerland. My host mother, a very nice person, took care of us all. She cooked very delicious food. We all three respected and helped her. We washed dishes after every supper. Many students want to be hosted by her. My classmates asked me if my host mother would like to host them next year. I loved my host family. My roommates were very funny. We always helped each other with anything. My host mother and roommates, and I always joked. I had a lot of fun with my host family.
I liked the St. Paul Preparatory School. The most of all I like the teachers. They were very nice and funny. It was interesting when they were teaching in classes. It was nice to meet students from different countries. But it was not easy to make a friends because most students talked only with students from their own countries. I learned a lot about other countries. I made a friend at the end of the school year. My friend and I went to Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, Downtown Minneapolis. The most exciting thing was a concert. We went to Rihanna’s concert at Target Center. I got a lot of experience from the school. I feel my English improving. I want to thank you for a chance you gave me to study in St. Paul Preparatory school.
From having attended an American public school all of my life, and then switching to Nacel International School, my mind has opened up to a world a lot larger than I once thought it was. I attended the Nacel International School the last three of my high school years and gained experiences I couldn't get anywhere else. Being surrounded by students, as well as the occasional teacher, from different countries has been one of the most educational experiences of my life. Nacel gave me the chance to gain friends from all over the world and I'll treasure those relationships forever. The Nacel International School was the best choice I have ever made in my life.
After having attended American public schools all my life, I have changed for the Nacel International School, and my spirit has opened to a much longer world than I knew before. I have studied at Nacel International School during the last three years of high school, and I have gained experiences that I would never have been able to obtain elsewhere. Being surrounded by students and participants from various countries has been one of the most educational experiences of my life. Nacel has given me the opportunity to make friends all over the world, and I will take care of these relationships forever. Studying at Nacel International School has been the best decision I have ever made.
I enjoyed every time I spent with my host family in the USA. I have enjoyed talking to them and having dinner, watching movies. I am very proud that thanks for my grades, i will be accepted to College. To study hard was worthy. I feel very happy about this experience rigth now.