High School Exchange in Italy
Be an exchange student in Italy
The High School exchange in Italy gives international students the once in a lifetime opportunity of enjoying the unique and picturesque Italian lifestyle whilst attending a local public school with other Italian classmates.
We have a wide network of volunteer local coordinators all across Italy, and students may be placed in various locations within the country. The participants of this high school exchange program in Italy should be open minded and flexible in regards to their placement's location, as well as try to get involved with their volunteer families.
Based on each individual student’s needs, exchange students may be enrolled in one of the following school types:
Highlights of the Program:
Graduation from this program is not possible.
Our Italian host families are volunteer and are committed to learn about the student’s culture, and likewise sharing their customs and traditions. They are warm and welcoming, ensuring that the exchange student feels safe, comfortable and relaxed within their environment.
This being said, host families will expect the students to join in with the family activities such as days out, free time after school and also help with basic home chores.
Students will receive full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. School lunches are not included.
Accreditation of Grades:
Students are in charge of finding out, along with their school counsellor, if they are able to convalidate their transcripts once the program is completed.
Our team of qualified professionals will help the students to gather the necessary documentation in order to help them, however Nacel is not responsible for the procedures and information required for this process in the home country.
The application package to the exchange program in Italy should include:
High School exchange in Italy
* Price in Euros per participant.
Not included : Application Fees (65 EUR)
- Administration fees
- Host school placement
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunch on weekdays)
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the host family on arrival and departure, from the closest airport to the host family (after orientation)
- 6 day Orientation, Sightseeing and Italian Language Course on arrival held by the local coordinator for non EU students or 3 day orientation on arrival for EU students (long term programs only)
- Extra mandatory language courses (8 weeks, 16 hours, 2 hours/week: 250 Euros – long term programs only)
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
- E-learning language program (long term programs only)
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, residence, passport and medical exam fees
- School excursions, books, material, uniform, school lunches if needed, school tuition fees if any (some public schools may require the student to pay between 50 and 150 Euros administration fee for the whole semester or year)
- Local transport (to and from school as well as private)
- Extra activities organized by the school
- Domestic journeys after orientation and during the program including changes of host family
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School exchange in Italy.
A minimum of two years of Italian study and good academic results are required to study in Italy.
"Being an exchange student has been a wonderful experience. I’m really happy; I’m enjoying myself and I’m learning so many things.My host family is really nice. I feel that I’m really a part of the host family!!!! and I’m really happy because I had to move to a different family, but not because we had a problem, they couldn’t host me, but they are really nice, sometimes I go to their place for dinner. With my current host family I get along really well!!!! I’m doing well at school too, my Italian is improving every day, and I also have made a lot of friends. At the benning I was kind of scared because everybody told that the first couple of months of this experience are hard because you get to feel lonely or homesick, but it has been different to me because since the day I arrived I have been really happy, and the time has been going so fast that I would like to stay longer, but I can’t hehe.. NACEL has been great too; they have supported me all the time. Every day of this experience has been unforgettable!! The fact that you are away from home, experimenting a new culture, a new language gives you the opportunity to grow, it’s kind of hard at the beginning, but you realized how much you can improve and grow all the time. I do miss my city, my family and friends sometimes, but I’m aware that the time is going by really fast so I want to enjoy every single day of my year as an exchange student."