High School Exchange in Canada
Why study in a Canadian High School?
Canada has become one of the most attractive places to complete an educational exchange program: international students discover the rich diversity of the Canadian culture while enjoying an efficient school system. International students that enroll in a High School in Canada will have the opportunity to attend a public or private school and live with a welcoming Canadian Host Family.
Nacel offers a vast range of exchange programs in Canada, all over the country. We offer opportunities in 6 main destinations: Greater Toronto, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Québec, British Columbia and Prince Edward Island.
Type of programs available:
Study Abroad in Canada: Highlights
Our high school exchange in Canada provides full board.
Exchange students will be welcomed by warm Canadian host families and learn firsthand about one another's culture.
You will have the opportunity to develop your language and social skills by meeting new friends and sharing experiences with your host family. Canadians are always looking forward to learn about your culture, yourself and everything about your home country. Host families are selected by our local coordinator, based on availability and your interests and hobbies.
Canadian host families are also well known for supporting exchange students, by offering care at all times. International students will feel like at home, from the moment they arrive.
Students can also count on the full support of our local coordinators in Canada, who will be more than glad to offer any extra support, in case students are feeling homesick, need some extra reinforcement with school subjects, or need a mediator with the host family. Students must be aware that they might be placed in several host families during their exchange program in Canada.
The personal growth and communication skills gained from an experience abroad can make an important difference in college and career goals. Apply now for your high school exchange in Canada!
In order to apply to an exchange program in Canada, you must make sure to fill out your application considering the next steps:
1. One of our professional education counsellors will be in touch with you to arrange a meeting with you and your family to decide if you qualify for the program. During your interview we will consider your language level, your motivation to adapt into a new society, as well good school performance.
2. When you are prepared to apply, you should finish a web booking. When this is done, we'll be sending you your application form. You will need to revise it carefully, and send it back to us in a PDF file.
3. When you are accepted in the High School exchange in Canada, we will issue the formal admission letter and invoice.
4. We will start working on your host family details, once they are ready, they will be shared with you.
5. We will issue all the essential VISA materials for you to start the procedure at the closest consulate.
6. Once your visa is valid, you need to book your flights and share the details with us so we can arrange your pick up from the airport, there your local rep or host family will be waiting to welcome you.
April 1st for arrival in August; October 1st for arrival in January. Late applications may be accepted up to May 1st, depending on availability and visa delays.
High School exchange in Canada
* Price in Canadian Dollars per participant.
Not included : Application Fees (65 EUR)
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (students have to prepare their own lunch bag)
- Mandatory school fees (schools will ask for a deposit for books) – core subjects only-
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance (not for short term programs)
- CAQ fees (Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec) for French Canada
- Custodianship Declaration and notarized documentation for the visa application
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- International Travel Insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and other
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes)
- School supplies and calculators, uniforms and sport uniforms, club or team fees
- Extra language courses
- All domestic transfers in Canada
- Individual transfers for arrivals outside of scheduled arrivals and departures
- Legalization of High School Transcripts (225 CAD)
- Personal expenses and pocket money
Program Specific Requirements:
We are offering a 2 different exchange programs in Canada:
1. NON-CREDIT PROGRAM: For those exchange students wishing to come to Canada on a cultural exchange only and not requiring credits, we can offer a lower program cost. Students choosing this option are placed in schools by Nacel Canada. Students will get a « report card » which is given on a term basis. It is different from an official transcript that is only for grade 12 with all the marks for grades 10,11 and 12, and also the report card doesn’t have the signature of the principal or the school stamp.
2. CREDIT-PROGRAM: For exchange students wanting to gain credits during their program in a High School in Canada, they will have to pay the full international tuition rates, hence a higher cost. Exchange students choosing the credit option can choose the school they wish to attend. Students who successfully complete credit programs may apply their credits towards subsequent school grades or use them to apply for entrance to college or university. We are also pleased to offer opportunities to attend two prestigious private schools located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.