Hockey High School in Canada
Be an exchange student in Canada and practise Ice Hockey!
Choose our Hockey High School in Canada!
Nacel welcomes international students in Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada): they will study in a private day school and have the opportunity to practice various sports: Hockey, Golf, Soccer or even Baseball!
The school provides excellent academic programs, as well as small class sizes, ESL classes, use of thechnology in class and daily physical activities. Being enrolled in this school also includes fitness memberships, swimming and various outdoor sports.
Each school day includes both instructed sport activities and academic studies. This High School is located inside a stadium and use its facilities including state of the art indoor sport facilities, but also track field facilities, a lake for paddling/swimming, and several kilometers of wooded trails for cross country cross-training and hiking. The ice skating arena, swimming pool and curling club are also in the same facility.
The Hockey High School Program is designed to offer players an opportunity to develop their individual skills and tactics, at various levels, with optional one-to-one coaching and mental skills preparation.
All athletic programs at the high school level are 5 day a week, sport-specific training.
Boys and Girls may practice at various levels:
- High School
- Varsity: The teams compete against various U16 and U18 varsity programs across North America.
What should I expect from my Hockey school year in Canada?
- Small sized classes and individual instruction in English, Maths, Social Studies, Science, Global Studies and Physical Education
- Use of techonology resources in claasrooms
- Credit and Graduation opportunities
- Afforable tuition fees
Homestay, full board.
Living with a host family is the best way to learn firsthand about another culture. The language you have been learning will come alive as you make new friends, share their culture and discover new things about yourself and your world.
Host families are carefully chosen by a local Nacel Coordinator. Hosts welcome their student as an additional member of the family and provide care and support a home away from home. The student should be prepared to take part in family life and to help with various tasks around the house (making the bed, doing dishes, etc.), as a full member of the family. During the stay, a student may be hosted by more than one family. Becoming part of a community of families and students abroad is an enriching experience, bringing growth, self-confidence and an increased awareness of the world we share.
The personal growth and communication skills gained from an experience abroad can make an important difference in college and in career goals.
The application to your student exchange in a Hockey High School in Canada is done in six stages: Many other options are available on request, like credit or non-credit programs, in various locations in Canada, as well as a bilingual program in Montreal.
1. A Nacel education adviser will carry out an interview with you and your family to determine eligibility. English level, good education results and maturity, are key points to be accepted on this program.
2. Once you are ready to apply, you will need to complete an online booking form. Once this is done, we’ll be sending you your application forms. They need to be filled out and returned to us in PDF file format.
3. Once you are accepted in the program, we will issue the formal acceptance letter and start working on your placement.
4. Arrangements are made for your placement, and are communicated to you
5. We will issue all the necessary VISA support materials for you to initiate the process at the nearest embassy.
6. Once your visa is accepted, you can determine your travel arrangements and we will organize everything for your arrival. Please provide us with your flight itinerary as soon as you have them available.
April 1st for arrival in August; October 1st for arrival in January. Late applications may be accepted up to May 1st, depending on availability and visa delays.
Hockey High School program in Canada
* Price in Canadian Dollars per participant.
Not included : Application Fees (65 EUR)
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (students have to prepare their own lunch bag)
- Mandatory school fees (schools will ask for a deposit for books) – core subjects only
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Custodianship Declaration and notarized documentation for the visa application
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- International Travel Insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes)
- School supplies and calculators, uniforms and sport uniforms, club or team fees
- Extra language courses
- All domestic transfers in Canada
- Sports programs additional costs
- Individual transfers for arrivals outside of scheduled arrivals and departures
- Legalization of High School Transcripts (225 CAD)
- Personal expenses and pocket money
Apply for your Hockey High School program in Canada at least 6 months before arrival.
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times.
Program Specific Requirements: