Get immersed with our Homestay Programs!
If you´re planning to live in a foreign country to polish your language skills, consider taking advantage of one of Nacel's homestay programs.
The benefits of Homestay Language Programs are many including getting immersed in a culture and they are often a more affordable, exciting alternative to living in a dormitory for the length of your stay.
- When you live with a host family, youll have a unique opportunity to explore the many facets of the new culture.
- You´ll learn about that cultures traditional meals, etiquette, and preferred leisurely activities. Depending on when you visit, you may get a glimpse of the way your host family celebrates traditional holidays in their country, such as Cinco de Mayo in the photo above or the upcoming Bastille Day in France.
- You can also take advantage of your host familys knowledge of the local area, enabling you to get the most out of your visit. In addition to the exceptional cultural opportunities a homestay program offers, choosing to live with a host family means that you´ll be fully immersed in the language youre learning.
- You can learn a great deal about a language simply by listening to locals speak it. You´ll absorb the rhythm of the language, the accent, and of course, youll pick up on little intricacies of the language that you may not have been exposed to in a class setting. For example, youll undoubtedly learn about the latest slang expressions and common phrases used in that particular language.
- To get the most out of your homestay program, you can ask your host family to correct you when you make mistakes in their language. Many students have chosen to learn a language with a homestay program because it provides a home away from home.
- Host families are very warm and welcoming, and they can make you feel at home even when you´re thousands of miles away from your own family and country.
- Many students develop lasting friendships with their host families.
Since 1957, Nacels programs have provided young people with the opportunity to discover new things about themselves and the world around them in safe and fun learning environments. Contact us for more information!