Tips for learning French!
There is no better and more appealing way of learning the French language than as a foreign exchange student in France in one of our Homestay Programs. The opportunity to become immersed in the wonderful French culture, meeting new friends and gaining first hand experience of new and different points of view is an amazing opportunity of a lifetime. While enjoying the many exciting events of your educational travel program, meeting your host family, new French pals and sampling the delicious foods, it is an excellent chance to become skilled with the language and pick up much more without any extra demands or hard work at all. Here are some tips for making the most of your time during your educational program in France.
- Take every chance to speak the language - not only with your host family but when shopping, sightseeing and out and about. Ask directions, order food and buy tickets. Take a step out of your comfort zone and strike up conversations with locals, being careful to be always be polite and friendly. This will greatly boost your speaking skills.
- Watch a bit of TV - the fun of watching a popular program in French is a great way to pick up more vocabulary and improve those listening skills.
- Listen to radio - trying to keep up with the fast paced news and listening to French pop music will give you a boost to improve your understanding of the language.
- Grab a copy of your favorite magazine in French and your reading will immediately reach new heights.
- Most importantly, remember to socialize with French friends and not make the mistake of hanging only with your own country mates - be continually open to the great opportunities that your visit can offer.
Since 1957, Nacels programs have provided young people with the opportunity to discover new things about themselves and the world around them in safe and fun learning environments. Contact us for more information!