Some good reasons to learn Arabic!
Arabic, as part of the Semitic languages, is a very ancient language. As a result, it has had a strong influence in many other languages. For some of you, you can be sure that you use several arabic words every day without even being aware of it! As it is also the language of the Quran, millions of people are daily in touch with the Arabic language. Here are some good reasons to learn this beautiful language!
- 1Arabic is in the top 5 of the most commonly spoken native languages in the world. Arabic is spoken in more than 20 countries in the world, not only in the Middle-East, but also in North Africa. More than 450 millions people speak Arabic throughout the world. It exits various arabic dialects from one country to another: dialectical arabic is known as al-lougha derija, whereas literary Arabic, which is used in writing and in formal speech and understood by any Arabic country, is called al-lougha fusHa.
- Knowing Arabic can promote intercultural understanding. Become interculturally competent and more tolerant about other cultures! When you learn a foreign language, you also learn a lot about culture, values and traditions of the countries the language is spoken in. This enable you to become more open-minded and aware of cultural differences, of the fact that there is not necessarily one "right" way to do something, and as result, to avoid intercultural conflicts!
- The Arabic-speaking world has a rich cultural heritage. If you go to Andalusia in Spain, you'll surely imagine even one second you're in an Arabic country. Indeed, Arab people let historical monuments of a great beauty there. Arab-speaking countries have a long past history in sciences and literature... Arts and musique are unique as well... Have you ever tried bellydance? And what about Arabic food and dishes? Sure you have already tasted them! Enjoy the beautiful colors and the pleasant smells of their wonderful spices!
- The Arabic-speaking world is a fast growing market for trade. As well as China, the Arabic regions of the world are developping themselves very fast, and there are more and more business opportunities with the Arabic-speaking countries which integrate the global market. As a result, there is high demand of Arabic-speakers in the Western world but low supply... to such an extent that some countries such as the US offer financial incentives to learn Arabic!
- The mere reason that Arabic is a great and interesting language, not so difficult to learn after all!
So if you want to start learning Arabic or perfecting it, you can get more information on this Arabic school in Morocco ... Discover your first name in Arabic calligraphy!