Destinations: Berlin area and other destinations Germany
Age: From 14 to 17 Years Old
Dates: August to July
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 4690 EUR
Be an exchange student in Berlin, Germany
Your High School exchange in Berlin with Nacel International
Within this High School exchange program in Germany, international students choose their preferred location and our host families are getting paid to host our students. Still, students are immersed in the German host family life as a family member and attend regular classes in a local public German school.
Nacel International is pleased to offer international exchange students a High School program in Berlin. Exchange students will be immersed in the German host family life and will attend regular classes in a local public German high school. They will improve their knowledge of the German language and culture. This high school program in Germany allows exchange students to experience the everyday life of German students.
What should I expect from my school year in Germany?
Secondary education in Germany includes 4 types of schools based on a pupil's ability: the Gymnasium includes the most gifted children and prepares students for university studies; the Realschule offers a more scientific emphasis for intermediary students; the Hauptschule prepares pupils for vocational education, and the Gesamtschule or comprehensive school combines the 3 approaches. Most of our students will attend the local Gymnasium or Realschule. With classes ranging from year 5 to year 13, the Gymnasium is the most difficult school type in Germany.
Most students get to school using public transport. Lessons usually start off in the morning between 07.30 and 09.00 AM and finish around lunch time or even in the afternoon. Students receive an individualized class schedule, including required classes and some electives. Schools are carefully chosen to provide students with the best possible cultural experience. Regular assessments help students to progress academically.
Study Abroad in Germany
Students may choose their preferred region among the following destinations, and must give us a priority order (3 choices):
- Berlin area (limited availability and supplement): 3.5 million inhabitants, capital city of Germany and vibrant cosmopolitan European city! Your High School exchange in Berlin will allow you to explore Germany's rich history!
- Baden-Württemberg (Freiburg area): Freiburg has 230 000 inhabitants, wonderful city close to the Black Forest
- Bavaria (Bad Tölz area)
- Hesse (Fulda and Wiesbaden areas): Fulda has 65 000 inhabitants, small city in the heart of Germany
- Lower Saxony (Hannover area): 523 000 inhabitants, a major centre of northern Germany
- North Rhine Westphalia (Bonn and Mönchengladbach areas): Bonn has 328 000 inhabitants, former official seat of the German government
- Thüringia (Erfurt area): Erfurt has 207 000 inhabitants, in the heart of Germany
Early application improves the probability to get a placement in the preferred area!
Host families may live in or outside these towns, as well as in villages close to these bigger towns. Placement in the town city centre cannot be guaranteed.
Graduation is not possible during your experience in a High School in Germany.
Deadline:Apply at least 5 months before arrival to your High School exchange in Berlin.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Germany.
A minimum of two years of German study and good academic results are required to study in Germany.
Study abroad in Germany and live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Please request more information about your exchange program in Berlin through the contact form.
High School Select Exchange Program in Germany : choose your destination
or High School exchange in Berlin
|High School in Berlin||12 weeks||ZDET3/4||5 090 EUROS|
|High School in Berlin||22 weeks||ZDES3/4||7 990 EUROS|
|High School in Berlin||44 weeks||ZDEY2||12 940 EUROS|
|High School in Germany, other destinations||from 12 weeks||ZDET3/4||From 4690 EUROS|
|High School in Germany, other destinations||from 20 weeks||ZDES3/4||From 6990 EUROS|
|High School in Germany, other destinations||from 42 weeks||ZDEY2||From 11340 EUROS|
Specific start and end dates per German State. Please note that the school year may last more than 42 weeks in most Länder (up to 48 weeks); in that case, additional weeks be will charged extra (235 euros each additional week).
The application to your student exchange program in Berlin (or to the above listed destinations) is done in six stages:
1. An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
2. You complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents
3. We issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement
4. Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you
5. We assist you to apply for your visa if necessary
6. You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your arrival
We wish you a successful High school exchange in Berlin!
- Administration fees
- Host school placement
- Host family accommodation with full board (except school lunches if any)
- Airport pick-up and transfer
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
- 3 months E-learning program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- School material, school books and excursions
- Extra activities organized by the school and others
- Extra language courses
- Extra weeks
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)