Be an exchange student in an international school in Minnesota
The St. Paul Preparatory Scholars program is a private International High School in the USA, located in St. Paul, Minnesota. Every year, we welcome international students from more than 20 different countries across the world.
St. Paul Preparatory Preparatory Scholars program is a college preparatory high school accredited by AdvancED, and welcomes students from 9th grade (freshmen) to 12th grade (seniors).
Highlights of the program:
- Scholarships may be awarded to motivated and studious pupils
- The school offers several Advanced Placement (AP) courses. These courses allow exchange students to explore subject matter at an accelerated level, and prepare them to take the standardized AP examinations in May. College and Universities around the world award credits for qualifying AP exam scores.
- Academic year and Semester intakes in Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 per student academic level and age.
- F-1 Visa scheme (multiple years’ entry)
- More than 90% of St. Paul Preparatory graduates are college-bound.
- Various clubs, sports and extracurricular activities are offered
- For exchange students in need of intensive language training, the school offers multiple levels of ESL (English as a second language) courses to help students transition into regular academic classes.
Graduation is possible during your experience in our International High School in the USA. More than 90 percent of our students matriculate at local or international colleges and universities upon graduation.
Apply at least 4 months before arrival.
Students must be between 14 to 18 years old on arrival. We do not accept students that have already graduated from schools in their home country, unless they intend to study at SPP for a full year in order to get a US high school diploma.
We accept students that have turned 18, as long as they have not yet graduated.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their own home country, before being accepted for a High School program in the USA (preferably in English).
A minimum of two years of English study and good academic results are required to study in the USA
International students will be placed with welcoming American host families under a stipended scheme with full board. Students will have the possibility to interact with American host families, practise the language at all times and have a better glimpse in the American culture.
Host families might host multiple students from different nationalities.
International students interested in joining this international high school in the USA, must follow these steps:
1. You must complete an interview to determine eligibility. It is compulsory that a member of your family is present during this process.
2. If eligible, please complete the online booking for the program. Once we receive the confirmation, we will be sending you a digital version of the application.
3. Complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents in digital form.
4. Once you are accepted in the program, we will issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement.
5. Arrangements are made for your placement and will be communicated to you.
6. We will assist you to apply for your Visa, if necessary. We will require you to have a preparation conference.
7. You determine your travel arrangements and we will organize your arrival.
We wish you a very successful exchange program in our international school in Minnesota!
International High School program in the USA Prices 2018
International school in Minnesota
August to January or January to June
International school in Minnesota
August to June
32 250 USD
Scholarship and financial aid available !
- Administration fees
- School registration and tuition fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunch taken to school)
- English test on arrival and ESL classes if required
- Orientation on arrival by the school staff
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the host family on arrival and departure
- Transportation fee
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation insurance
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, SEVIS, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the school and others
- Extra language courses
- School fees such as book fees, locker fees, uniform fees, yearbook fees, activity fees, sport participate fee etc.
- Lunches taken in cafeterias and restaurants
- Subject material fee (Drawing, Biology etc.)
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Application fees (65 euros)
Four young people from four different countries, Mexico, Indonesia, Japan and Slovakia, have transmitted us their experiences and impressions of their school year at St. Paul Preparatory School:
-If they were to describe their academic year in one word:
Eli, Mexico "Awesome”
Reipan, Japan: "Amazing”
Ray, Indonesia: "Unforgettable”
Monika, Slovakia: "Eye-opening”
-The most memorable moment:
Eli, Mexico: "I think soccer was the best”
Reipan, Japan: "Enjo Japan dance and dinner”
Ray, Indonesia: "Meeting friends”
Monika, Slovakia: "Many moments with my friends”
-If they had to change something:
Eli, Mexico: "Nothing”
Reipan, Japan: "More Japanese students”
Ray, Indonesia: "That the school would provide a fridge for students”
Monika, Slovakia: "Students from more countries”
Eli, Mexico: "It was an excellent experience”
Reipan, Japan: "It was really good”
Ray, Indonesia: "It was great”
Monika, Slovakia: "Very good”
I enjoyed my stay in St. Paul. I am grateful that I had such a good host family like that. I had only a host mother but three roommates. My roommates were from Korea, China, and Switzerland. I shared my room with a girl from Switzerland. My host mother, a very nice person, took care of us all. She cooked very delicious food. We all three respected and helped her. We washed dishes after every supper. Many students want to be hosted by her. My classmates asked me if my host mother would like to host them next year. I loved my host family. My roommates were very funny. We always helped each other with anything. My host mother and roommates, and I always joked. I had a lot of fun with my host family.
I liked the St. Paul Preparatory School. The most of all I like the teachers. They were very nice and funny. It was interesting when they were teaching in classes. It was nice to meet students from different countries. But it was not easy to make a friends because most students talked only with students from their own countries. I learned a lot about other countries. I made a friend at the end of the school year. My friend and I went to Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, Downtown Minneapolis. The most exciting thing was a concert. We went to Rihanna’s concert at Target Center. I got a lot of experience from the school. I feel my English improving. I want to thank you for a chance you gave me to study in St. Paul Preparatory school.