Destinations: Monaghan Ireland
Age: From 13 to 18 Years Old
Length: 2 to 4 weeks
Price: From 1295 EUR
Our Homestay, Language Course and Activities camp in Monaghan, Ireland combines English classes on weekday mornings (9am to 1pm every day with 15 minutes break) with a wide choice of cultural and sports activities on weekday afternoons, as well as full-day excursions and half-day visits.
This international summer camp is organized at the Beech Hill College, a vocational school located in Monaghan. English classes are held in the College classrooms. The College was established in 1979. Campers enjoy the school facilities during their stay.
Monaghan, Ireland. There are small mountains and several lakes in this beautiful county located in the North of Ireland, close to the border with Northern Ireland. This is traditional countryside of snug farmhouses and market towns.
EXAMPLES OF ACTIVITIES
- Walking tour of Monaghan
- Irish cookery – Irish potato bread
- Home made Irish cookery – Irish baileys cheese cake
- Irish cookery potato soup
- Irish cookery – Irish lamb stew
- Project work in computer suite on history of Monaghan Town
- Project work in computer suite on Irish families
- Project work in computer suite on Irish culture
- Team Sport: Indoor or outdoor depending on weather
- Learn to make your own piece of Irish Pottery
- Learn to do Irish dancing
- Learn to sing Irish traditional songs
- Excursion to Belfast, guided tour of Parliament buildings, shopping in Victoria Sq
- Excursion to Dublin, Guided Tour of Malahide Castle
- Excursion to Dublin, guided tour of Guinness factory
- Excursion to Ulster Folk Park Omagh
- Visit to Pennies in Dundalk
- Farewell party & Bowling
2 years of English studies are required to participate in this camp.
Host family, on a full board basis.
|Ireland||English course, Homestay||Monaghan||2 weeks||MONA1||1 295 EUROS|
|Ireland||English course, Homestay||Monaghan||4 weeks||MONA2||2 095 EUROS|
The camp will start early July and continue up to end of July 2017.
Students can choose to stay 2 or 4 weeks.
Please indicate your preferred start and end dates on your application form.
- Administration fees
- Host family placement on a full board basis
- Language courses on mornings
- Activities, visits and full-day excursions
- Airport pick-up and transfers on arrival and departure from Dublin or Belfast airports
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the family or others
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees: 65 euros