Destinations: All across Chile Chile
Age: From 14 to 18 Years Old
Dates: From March to December
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 4690 EUR
HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM IN CHILE
Your Exchange Program in Chile with Nacel International
Exchange students will enjoy the Latin American spirit of the Chilean culture. European influence is clearly felt in Chilean art, architecture and music. The geography of Chile is perhaps the most impressive: the country extends some 4300 km from the desert north to the glacial south. As a result, exchange students will discover a huge variety of landscapes and weather conditions.
PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOLS IN CHILE
General basic education is compulsory and lasts for eight years, divided into two cycles of 4 years each. Secondary education (Educación media) lasts for four years. Around 13 to 15 different subjects are offered during each school year, such as: Spanish, Math, Economics, English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Government, Philosophy, Sports, Algebra, etc. Students choose to specialize either in humanistic-scientific education or in technical-professional education. The humanistic-scientific branch offered in the “Liceos”, is a preparation for higher education. The technical-professional branch is a two year common course with two years of specialization divided into five branches: industrial, technical, agricultural, commercial and maritime. Students who successfully complete their secondary education obtain the “Licencia de Educación Media” or the title of “Técnico de Nivel Medio”.
STUDY ABROAD IN CHILE
Exchange students are placed in selected private high schools at no extra cost. The average size of schools varies from 400 to 1,200 students; schools include all levels (1st to 12th grade). Our exchange students will be welcomed by warm Chilean families. They will get the opportunity to travel to Easter Island or to the North of Chile once within a six month period. Don't miss this opportunity!
Graduation is not possible during your experience in a High School in Chile.
Apply for your exchange program inÂ Chile at leastÂ 4 months before arrival.
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Chile (preferably in Spanish).
A minimum of two years of Spanish study and good academic results are required to study in Chile.
If the exchange student's knowledge of Spanish is below basic communication levels, then he/she must attend a local 2 weeks Spanish Language Course on arrival in Chile.
Study abroad in Chile and live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Please request more information through the contact form.
High School program in Chile
|High School in Chile||Academic year||All across Chile||Mid February to mid December /
Mid July to June
|ZCHY1/2||7 290 EUROS|
|High School in Chile||Semester||All across Chile||Mid February to mid July /
Mid July to early January
|ZCHS1/2||6 290 EUROS|
|High School in Chile||Term||All across Chile||Mid February to mid May /
Mid April to mid July /
Mid July to mid October /
Mid October to early
|ZCHT1/2/3/4||4 690 EUROS|
The application to your student exchange program in Chile is done in six stages:
1. An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
2. You complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents
3. We issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement
4. Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you
5. We assist you to apply for your visa if necessary
6. You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your arrival
We wish you a successful exchange program in a High School in Chile!
- Administration fees
- Host school placement and tuition fees (if any)
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Airport pickup and transfer from Santiago de Chile to the host family after orientation at the airport, by unaccompanied bus transfer if the host family does not live far away from Santiago (please note that students may have to pay an additional transfer by flight if they are placed far away from Santiago; for arrivals and departures outside of official dates, an extra fee is charged)
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator at the airport
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Extra language courses - Local transport (to and from school for example)
- Extension fee
- School uniform (around 150 Euros) and shoes, school lunches (around 2 Euros /day), school books (around 100 Euros) and material
- Late application fee
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)