Attend a High School in Argentina!
Your Exchange program in Argentina with Nacel International:
Exchange students will make the most of their High School exchange in Argentina to discover its rich culture, a blend of Latin American and European influence, as well as its geographical diversity and wonderful natural environment. Our exchange students will live with warm Argentinean host families, looking to share their everyday life with a foreign student. We place our exchange students in various areas all over Argentina (cities and small towns): Córdoba, Buenos Aires, Salta, Jujuy, Catamarca, Santa Fé, and smaller cities in the Patagonia. Argentina is a safe country, well known for its higher cultural and economic level.
What should I expect from my school year in Argentina?
High schools in Argentina are well organized, have high academic standards, and offer a friendly and supportive environment.
Education in Argentina is divided into 3 stages:
- Pre-School education (one grade, from age 5);
- Primary education (seven grades, from age 6 to 12);
- Secondary Education (five grades, from age 13 to 17/18).
At the end of the mandatory Secondary Education cycle, students leave school with the certificate of secondary graduation, ready to enroll into higher education. Secondary school students attend the following mandatory classes: Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Physical Education, Mathematics, Spanish, Literature, Foreign Language (English), Music, Technology and Economy.However, other subjects are based on an individual school's offer, such as: Technical Drawing, Biology, Physics, Plastic and Visual Education, Chemistry, French, Italian, Latin, etc.
Study abroad in Argentina
Our exchange students will study in semi-private schools or semi-public schools in Argentina. Private schools are available on request at an additional cost. Exchange students in Argentina enjoy their afternoons or mornings taking tango classes or Spanish courses or practicing sports in various clubs. You can visit sub-Antarctic rainforests in Patagonia, tropical jungles in the northeast, mountains, sandy beaches, deserts, or the awesome “Iguazú” waterfalls! Our exchange students in Argentina may be offered an excursion to Patagonia or to Argentina’s Northwest during their stay. Don't miss this opportunity!
Graduation is not possible during your experience in a High School in Argentina.
Public or private school
Apply at least 3 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School exchange program in Argentina (preferably in Spanish).
A minimum of two years of Spanish study and good academic results are required.
Study abroad in Argentina and live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Please request more information through the contact form.
High School exchange in Argentina
|High School exchange in Argentina
||all over the country
||February to June or July to December
||6 990 USD
|High School exchange in Argentina
||all over the country
||February to December
||8 490 USD
The application to your student exchange in Argentina is done in six stages:
- An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
- You complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents
- We issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement
- Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you
- We assist you to apply for your visa if necessary
- You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your arrival
We wish you a successful exchange program in Argentina!
- Administration fees
- Host school placement and tuition fees (except in case of private schools charging extra fees)
- Host family accommodation with full board (meals eaten at home)
- Airport pick-up and transfer from Cordoba airport on arrival to the orientation camp (return transfer to Cordoba airport depends on the host family’s location)
- Transfer from the orientation camp to the host family if they live less than 200km from Cordoba
- Orientation session on arrival, including a 20 hour Spanish course
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport, immigration and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the school or others
- Extra language courses, extra excursions
- Local transportation (eg: to and from school)
- Transportation from Cordoba (after orientation camp) to the host family if the host family is located more than 200km from Cordoba
- School supplies and calculators, school books,
- School and sport uniforms, meals taken at school, school fees in case of a private school
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)
“My experience with the Nacel program in Rosario, Argentina was nothing short of fantastic. Not only did my Spanish improve dramatically, but also I had the opportunity to meet amazing people and make lifelong friends. I will never forget the day I met my gracious host family – my new “mom” and “dad,” as well as my “brother” and “sister,” each gave me a customary Argentine kiss on the cheek, followed by an enthusiastic tour of their home. By the end of my first day, I felt like part of the family.
Learning a second language is challenging, but doing so in a Spanish-speaking environment is an incredible experience. The immersion nature of the program has no strings attached – I attended classes, participated in family life, and made friends – all in Spanish. My family and the program coordinators were extremely helpful – they gave me the support I needed as an exchange student and helped me with the process of language acquisition.
Every time I talk with one of my Argentinean friends, I am reminded that my experience has taught me more than a foreign language and culture. As an exchange student, I developed independence, confidence, problem solving skills, and the ability to connect with people who do not necessarily share my cultural background.
I encourage anyone who is interested in the Spanish language or Latin American culture to seriously consider Nacel’s program – I know from experience that it will be one of the best adventures of your life."
"This past year has been a once in a lifetime experience and has given me different perspectives on my life and the world. My year has been full of new experiences, new views on the world, and new friends. I have become part of a family, which is one of the best things that we can appreciate in Argentina. Family life here is so different! Above all I have improved my Spanish and experienced the Latino culture. I'm happy I enrolled for this program with Nacel! I had full support, affection and my rep was available every time I needed her. An unforgettable year!!!"
“Eleanor does seem to be thoroughly enjoying her stay in Rosario. Thank you so much for your email and we have heard from Eleanor – she is very much enjoying her stay with Lucia and her family who sound wonderful. Thanks once again for your excellent coordination and assistance in making this a great experience.” Eleanor