Destinations: Killarney Ireland
Age: From 13 to 18 Years Old
Dates: September to May
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 5940 EUR
Be an exchange student in Cork County and Killarney area
This program is dedicated EU students, looking for a one in a lifetime academic experience in one of the most welcoming countries in the world! From this year, we are able to offer limited vacancies to students from English Speaking Countries (Canada, USA).
During the stay in Killarney, exchange students will discover the beauty of a typical Irish city, which is very known for being home to one of the most important Irish national parks. The High School program in Killarney offers a vast range of basics, together with vocational subjects to develop your skills.
What should I expect from my school year in Ireland?
- Graduation is possible during this program, as long as you have the necessary credits.
- Students are enrolled in an Irish Public School and may participate for a full academic year, a semester or a term program.
- The Irish education system is highly compatible with many other education systems worldwide, thus allowing students to con-validate their credits most of the time, with no problems.
- Diversity of public schools available: Mixed schools, only girl’s schools or only boys.
- Coordinator available 24/7 during your stay, providing all the necessary support.
Voluntary secondary schools.
Deadline:Apply at least 4 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Ireland (preferably in English).
A minimum of two years of English study and good academic results are required to study in Killarney.
This high school program in Ireland is only open to European Union students.
Study abroad in Killarney and live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
International Students will be placed with warm host families. In addition to the preserved environment and the modest size of the city (12,000 inhabitants).
If you are interested in applying for a full academic year, you must take into consideration the following steps:
1. We will first determine your maturity and interest level through a phone interview.
2. After conducting the interview, we will require you to complete the online sign up and make a initial payment of 265 EUR. Upon registration, we will send you the application forms that must be returned within the next 30 days.
3. Once you are accepted in the program, we will send you an official acceptance letter and invoice.
4. A month prior to your arrival, we will be sharing with you the school and family placement.
5. Last but not least, students are in charge of purchasing their international tickets. Please inform us of the necessary details, so we can arrange your transfers.
For more information please feel free to contact our Educational Advisers.
High School Program in Killarney (EU students)
|High School in Killarney, Ireland||Fall Term||September to December||Killarney||ZEIT2||5 940 EUROS|
|High School in Killarney, Ireland||Spring Semester||January to May||Killarney||ZEIS2||7 740 EUROS|
|High School in Killarney, Ireland||Academic Year||September to May||Killarney||ZEIY2||11 140 EUROS|
- Administration fees
- School registration and donation to school
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunches on schooldays); accommodation not included during Christmas and Easter holidays
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator
- Airport pick-up and transfer on arrival and departure only
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes might be necessary)
- School uniforms, sport uniforms and books
- Extra language courses
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)