Age: From 15 to 18 Years Old
Dates: September to June
Length: Academic Year
Price: 7 190 EUR
Be an exchange student in Portugal
Your Exchange Program in Portugal with Nacel International:
Exchange students interested in discovering Portugal and the Portuguese culture will no doubt enjoy their High School year in this country. Portuguese ranks currently as the 6th most widely spoken language in the world! Exchange students will attend classes in a local public secondary school and be hosted by a nice and caring Portuguese host family. Apply for a High School in Portugal!
What should I expect from my exchange year in Portugal?
The Portuguese educational system consists of 12 years of schooling before higher education. Secondary schools consist of years 10, 11 and 12. After the 9th grade, students have to choose a certain area of studies (general courses and technical/vocational courses). Each area of studies includes different subjects, some of which are compulsory for each area of studies (Philosophy, Physical Education, Foreign Language, Mathematics, Personal and Social Development).
Study Abroad in Portugal
Most exchange students enrolled in this exchange program in Portugal interested in other extracurricular activities, such as sports, take them outside of school. Exchange students will be invited to attend two weekends with local Portuguese students. They may also be invited for other informal events such as dinners or evenings out organized by the local coordinator.
Graduation is not possible during your experience in a High School in Portugal. Attending classes is practically the only activity that takes place in Portuguese public schools. Most students interested in other activities, such as Sports, have to take them outside of school. Students will be invited to attend two weekends with local Portuguese students. They may also be invited for other informal events such as dinners or evenings out organized by the local coordinator.
Deadline:Apply at least 5 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School exchange in Portugal.
A minimum of one year of Portuguese study and good academic results are required.
Please note that this program is available for English native speakers only.
Study abroad in Portugal and live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Please request more information through the contact form.
High School program in Portugal
|High School in Portugal||Academic Year||September to June||ZPRY1||7 190 EUROS|
The application to your student exchange in Portugal is done in six stages:
1. An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
2. You complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents
3. We issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement
4. Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you
5. We assist you to apply for your visa if necessary
6. You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your arrival
We wish you a successful exchange in Portugal!
- Administration fees
- Host school placement, school books and transportation to school
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Airport pick up and transfer on arrival and departure (except domestic transfer if the host family lives far away from Lisbon)
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the school and others
- Field trips, extra school fees if any
- Extra language courses (except for courses provided by the school)
- School lunches
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)