“Good morning to the Nacel team! I would like to share with you a little story, mine, which Nacel has played an important role. During the summer 1981, I was 16 years old and I took part in a trip to the USA organised by Nacel. During a month I stayed with an American family from Colorado and even went back the following year. This short time spent abroad linked me to the American culture which had a strong influence on me and the rest of my life. After the “Bac”, I enter the French-American school in Paris. Two years later, I was admitted at the Hartford College. During these studies, I met the one who became my wife. Today, we have two teenagers. I’ve got 45 years old and 80% of my life is the consequence of this simple language travel which, on the moment, bored me. Thank you for your job. Sincerely.”
Destinations: United States
Age: From 15 to 18 Years Old
Dates: August to June
Length: Semester, Academic Year
Price: From 7440 USD
Be an exchange student in the USA
This High School exchange in the USA is ideally designed for those students that have a good English level and are ready to embark on a one-of-a-kind educational experience, in a Public High School in the USA, while being hosted by a volunteer host family.
International Students will join classes like any other student, and take courses such as: English (Grammar, Writing, Literature, Theater, etc…), Physical Education (including medicine and hygiene courses), Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Social Sciences (including the History of the United States and the Constitution of the US Government), Business, Psychology, Philosophy, Industrial design and economy, among others.
Exchange students are sent all across America. Specific locations cannot be requested.
Highlights of the Program
• Host families welcome students voluntarily as a member of their own family. They want students to participate in family and school activities and learn more about the American lifestyle and culture. They also want to learn about the students’ country and culture.
• These families are volunteers and provide room and board, as well as the care and support necessary for students, as they learn and adjust to life in the US.
• Graduation is not possible during your experience in a public High School in the USA.
School type: Exchange students are placed in Public Schools all across the U.S.A.
Apply for your exchange program in the USA at least 6 months before arrival. Places are very limited!
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times.
Deadline:Apply at least 6 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted in this High School exchange in the USA (preferably in English).
They should not yet have graduated in their home country. A minimum of 5 years of English study and above average academic results are required.
A ELTIS language test will be required during the application process.
Study abroad in the USA and live with a host family, providing half board on weekdays, and full board on weekends.
The volunteer host families chosen for the High School exchange in the USA are middle-class families, who are willing to share their lives, hearts and home with an exchange high school student. Extra-curricular activities are offered by all American high schools: sports and music are really popular, but photography or volunteer work may also be proposed. These activities are a good way to integrate and to make friends among American students during your High School program in the USA.
For this student in the USA, please contact one of our Nacel advisers. You will have to go through a rigorous application process, therefore we will be putting you in contact with our closest partner available.
High School program in the USA
|Exchange program in the USA||Semester||August to January
or January to June
|ZUSS1/2||7 440 USD|
|Exchange program in the USA||Academic Year||August to June||ZUSY1||8 790 USD|
- Administration fees
- Placement in a local public high school
- Host family placement
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the host family
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- School lunches (between $2 and $3), school fees (registration, books, lockers, laboratories, gym/physical education, yearbook, class ring, letter jacket, student activities etc.)
- Transportation to and from school
- Extra activities organized by schools.
- Extra language courses
- Orientation on arrival
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)