Destinations: Killarney Ireland
Age: From 13 to 19 Years Old
Dates: From September to May
Length: 2, 4 or 6 weeks
Price: From 1140 EUR
Live in an Irish family! The Nacel English homestay immersion in Ireland offers teenagers opportunities to experience the everyday life of a host family in Ireland. This immersion program in Ireland proudly represents the foundation of all Nacel language programs, offering the chance for a young person from abroad to improve his/her level of English. Language improvement comes from the constant immersion in a family. The friendship which results from living as a member of a family encourages continued international communication and understanding.
Please note that in Ireland, the participant of the homestay program will attend a local Irish high school during the program, with the host sister or brother or other children of the neighborhood.
A minimum of one to two years of English language study.
Participants must show that they are mature enough to participate in the English homestay immersion in Ireland that requires:
- Interest in learning about the Irish culture
- Deep desire to integrate a different family and share actively their everyday life
- Enthusiasm for improving language communication skills
- Willingness to make new friends
- An open and flexible attitude during the homestay
The student is hosted on a full board basis by an Irish host family.
Irish host families are paid. They are generally really enthusiastic and offer a warm welcome to the student during his/her homstay program in Ireland. They are also eager to make discover their way of life to the student during his/her Irish immersion, and will want to know about his/her life in his home country.
It is very important for us to match the students with the host family, so this is what will determine the location of the student. Nacel's coordinators select the host families and are available to answer questions and handle any student/host family concerns during the program.
Classes begin in early September and finish in early June.
Students can stay in Ireland from 2 to 6 weeks between September and May.
Please indicate your preferred start and end date on your application form.
English Homestay immersion in Ireland
|Ireland||Irish Homestay and High School||Killarney||2 weeks||IMIRE||1 140 EUROS|
|Ireland||Irish Homestay and High School||Killarney||4 weeks||IMIRE||1 590 EUROS|
|Ireland||Irish Homestay and High School||Killarney||6 weeks||IMIRE||2 040 EUROS|
- Administration fees
- Homestay placement on a full board basis (packed lunch on weekdays)
- Orientation on arrival
- Host school placement
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the host family
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the family, the school or others
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes might be necessary)
- School uniforms (around 300 EUR), sport uniforms and books (around 300 EUR)
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 Euros)