Destinations: All across Chile Chile
Age: From 14 to 18 Years Old
Dates: From March until December
Length: 3, 6 or 8 weeks
Price: From 1140 EUR
Our Homestay and School Integration in Chile offer a unique way to experience the daily and routine of young Chilean teenagers. The participant lives with a local host family and goes to school (except during school holidays) with the host sister or brother, like any other student.
Students are welcomed as a new family member and spend their evenings and week-ends sharing the family’s activities. Students learn through the constant immersion in the local language environment. They cannot speak their native language, and that will cause Spanish language skills to improve quickly and efficiently. The Spanish homestay immersion in Chile is a good way to prepare for a longer academic program abroad.
Nacel’s short-term program offers the opportunity to experience Chilean lifestyle and culture from the inside and not as a tourist. It is the best way to improve language skills and integrate the everyday life of another country.
Students are placed in selected local private high schools, with no extra fees. The average size of schools varies from 400 to 1,200 students; schools include all levels (1st to 12th grade). Students mostly take public transportation (sometimes they walk, ride, or parents drive them). Students usually go with their host sibling to the same school, sometimes in the same grade.
A minimum of 2 years of Spanish study are required.
Host family, full board.
Our volunteer Chilean host families welcome foreign students as new members of their family.
International students will enjoy the Latin American spirit of the Chilean culture. European influence is also clearly present in Chilean art, architecture and music. The geography of Chile is perhaps the most impressive: the country extends some 4300 km from the desert north to the glacial south. As a result, students will discover a huge variety of landscapes and weather conditions.
Spanish homestay immersion in Chile
|Chile||Chilean Homestay and High School||All across Chile||3 weeks||IMCHI||1 140 EUROS|
|Chile||Chilean Homestay and High School||All across Chile||6 weeks||IMCHI||1 690 EUROS|
|Chile||Chilean Homestay and High School||All across Chile||8 weeks||IMCHI||2 590 EUR|
Students will need 150 EUR of pocket money each month. They should pay all their personal expenses from this amount. If they run out of money, they should not expect their host family to cover their personal expenses.
Please indicate your desired dates on your form.
- Administration fees
- Host school placement and tuition fees if necessary
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Airport pickup and transfer from Santiago de Chile to the host family after orientation at the airport, most of the time by unaccompanied bus transfer if the host family does not live far away from Santiago (please note that students may have to pay an additional transfer by flight if they are placed far away from Santiago)
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator at the airport
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Extra language courses
- Local transport (to and from school for example)
- Extension fee
- School uniform and shoes, school lunches, school books and material
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)