You will speak Arabic with your host family and teachers and learn more about the Arabic literature and traditions. After your daily Arabic classes at school, go walking into the streets of Tetouan. Taste the wonderful Moroccan dishes. Enjoy Morocco!
Why learn Arabic?
- Do you listen to Arabic music?
- Do you like Arabic calligraphy?
- Do you participate to an oriental dance’s course?
- Wishing to read the Quran in Arabic?
- Do you study Middle East’s history?
- Do you intend to travel to Morocco or to Egypt for holidays?
- Do you like Lebanese cooking?
- Do you need to translate something from English to Arabic?
There are 1000 reasons why you may be interested in the Arabic language and in the Arabic speaking countries!
During the Middle Ages, Arabic was a major language for culture, especially in science, mathematics and philosophy. Many European languages therefore have also borrowed numerous words from it, especially Spanish and Portuguese.
Arabic is spoken in:
- the Palestinian territories,
- Saudi Arabia,
- the United Arab Emirates,
- Western Sahara
- and Yemen.
Arabic is also the liturgical language of Islam.
Would you like to learn Arabic?
Classified as a Central Semitic language, Arabic is closely related to Hebrew and Aramaic. Modern Arabic is classified as a macrolanguage with 27 sub-languages. These varieties are spoken throughout the Arab world and Standard Arabic is widely studied and known throughout the Islamic world. Modern Standard Arabic derives from Classical Arabic.
"Colloquial Arabic" is a collective term for the spoken varieties of Arabic used throughout the Arab world, which differ radically from the literary language. Many words in English are derived from Arabic, among them are commonly-used words like "sugar", "cotton" and "magazine". Arabic grammar is quite complicated: nouns in Literary Arabic have:
- three grammatical cases (nominative, accusative and genitive);
- three numbers (singular, dual and plural);
- two genders (masculine and feminine)
- and three "states" (indefinite, definite, and construct).
Arabic language classes, Arabic language exams
If you already have an Intermediate level of Arabic, don’t hesitate to prepare Arabic Language Exams in our Arabic School in Morocco to let your skills and level recognized officially.
Learn Arabic now with Nacel!
Discover now our offer to learn Arabic abroad!
Arabic language school
Are you considering living in an Arab country? Live an adventure in Morocco studying the language and meeting new friends!
Take Arabic courses at a language school in Tetouan and live with a host family to make the most of this arabic immersion! You will learn the language in a short time! In your free time you will be able to study, do tourism and meet new people!