Private High School in Monaghan and Cavan
Be an international student in a private school in Ireland
Looking forward to discover beautiful green landscapes, a quiet lifestyle and become part of a local private High School in Ireland? Then this program is a perfect match for you!
We place international students in two private schools. These two schools are located in the County Monaghan and County Cavan, just bordering with Northern Ireland. The private High School in Monaghan and Cavan allow pupils to not only immerse in the Irish educational system, but will also give them the unique opportunity to experience firsthand the essence of the country’s breathtaking beauty and culture.
Highlights of the Program:
Irish Host Families are known to be warm and supportive at all times with our students. Nacel makes a careful selection of the families based on availability as well as the pupil’s interests and needs. We usually work with families that have kids already going to school, however students interested in applying must be open minded about:
The participants of the private High School in Monaghan and Cavan receive full board (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Packed lunches during school days).
Boarding option: we also offer students to be weekly boarders in Cavan and spend their weekends and holidays with a host family.
Students interested in starting an application for this program must:
1. Have a conference call with a Nacel Program coordinator to determine eligibility. We look for students who are emotionally mature and show good academic performance.
2. If you decide to move forward with the application process you will need to complete a one time booking and pay a non-refundable fee of 265 EUR. (65 EUR are application fees and 200 EUR will be applicable to the total cost of the program)
3. Once booking is completed, we will send you the application forms. They must be filled out and returned to us via email in a PDF File.
4. If you are accepted into the program, we will issue an Invoice and Acceptance letter.
5. If necessary, we can provide you with all the relevant material for your VISA application, however please bear in the mind that the student will be responsible for carrying out this process. Depending on their nationality, students will only be required to present the school acceptance letter, an Insurance certificate, a letter from the Natural parents authorising their participation in the program and the invoice upon arrival. Please contact your local Embassy to learn more about this process.
6. The final step is booking your International flight, it is imperative you share the travel details with us so we can arrange your transfers from Dublin.
Private High School in Monaghan or Cavan (all students)
* Price in Euros per participant.
Not included : Application Fees (65 EUR)
- Administration fees
- School registration and donation to school/school fees, various school extra fees (ECDL (IT skills), TEFL, gym, textbook and photocopying, parents association)
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunches on school days)
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator
- Airport pick-up and transfer on arrival and departure only
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
- E-learning language program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others, including school tours
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes might be necessary; 350 euros for a complete year, 175 euros for a semester)
- School uniforms and sport uniforms (around 250 EUR), school books (between 50 and 300 EUR), extra language courses, transition year fee in some schools (between 200 and 700 EUR)
- Any additional homestay day (25 EUR/night) and extra cost for any special diet
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted in a private High School in Monaghan and Cavan (preferably in English).
A minimum of two years of English study and good academic results are required.
This high school program in Ireland is open to both European Union and non-European Union students.