Destinations: County Cork and County Kerry (Killarney) Ireland
Age: From 13 to 18 Years Old
Dates: September to May
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 5940 EUR
Be an exchange student in Cork County and surroundings
This exchange program in Cork and Kerry counties is dedicated to European Union students looking for a one in a lifetime academic experience in one of the most welcoming countries in the world! From this year, we are also able to offer limited vacancies to students from English speaking countries (Canada, USA).
During their stay in Killarney, exchange students will discover the beauty of a typical Irish city, which is very known for being home to one of the most important Irish national parks. Cork is a vibrant city, former European Culture capital and a very attractive place for young people!
What should I expect from my school year in Ireland?
- Graduation is possible during this program, as long as you suceed at the final exams of the Leaving Certificate.
- Students are enrolled in an Irish Public School and may participate for a full academic year, a semester or a term program.
- The Irish education system is highly compatible with many other education systems worldwide, thus allowing students to con-validate their credits with no problems.
- Diversity of public schools available: Mixed schools, only girl’s schools or only boys.
- Coordinator available 24/7 during your stay, providing all the necessary support.
Deadline:Apply at least 4 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School exchange in Cork (preferably in English).
A minimum of two years of English study and good academic results are required.
This high school exchange in Cork and Killarney areas is only open to European Union students.
Live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). International students will be placed with warm host families.
If you are interested in applying for a term, a semester or full academic year, you must follow the following steps:
1. We will first determine your maturity and interest level through a phone interview.
2. After having conducted the interview, we will require you to complete the online sign up and make a initial payment of 265 EUR. Upon registration, we will send you the application forms that must be returned within the next 30 days.
3. Once you are accepted in the program, we will send you an official acceptance letter and invoice.
4. A month prior to your arrival, we will be sharing with you the school and family placement.
5. Last but not least, students are in charge of purchasing their international tickets. Please inform us of the necessary details, so we can arrange your transfers.
For more information please feel free to contact our Educational Advisers.
High School exchange in Cork and Kerry counties (EU students)
County Cork supplement: please add the following supplement to the regular program fees:
- 250 EUR for a term,
- 280 EUR for a semester,
- 350 EUR for an academic year in County Cork
|Ireland||Homestay Immersion, 4 weeks||September to May||Killarney||IMIRE||1 140 EUR|
|Ireland||Homestay Immersion, 6 weeks||September to May||Killarney||IMIRE||1 590 EUR|
|Ireland||Homestay Immersion, 8 weeks||September to May||Killarney||IMIRE||2 040 EUR|
|High School in Killarney, Ireland||Fall Term||September to December||Killarney||ZEIT2||5 940 EUROS|
|High School in Killarney, Ireland||Spring Semester||January to May||Killarney||ZEIS2||7 740 EUROS|
|High School in Killarney, Ireland||Academic Year||September to May||Killarney||ZEIY2||11 140 EUROS|
- Administration fees
- School registration and donation to school
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunches on schooldays); accommodation not included during Christmas and Easter holidays
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator
- Airport pick-up and transfer on arrival and departure only
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes might be necessary)
- School uniforms, sport uniforms and books
- Extra language courses
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)