IB Schools in Canada
Study the International Baccalaureate in Canada
Nacel Canada offers international students to apply to study in an English speaking IB school in Prince Edwards Island, Ontario or Québec. These public schools teach the International Baccalaureate to Canadian and international students. Students live with a host family and attend a local high school, participating in the cultural life of the community. International students may choose their prefered school (6 IB schools in Canada on offer).
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme is a rigorous academic programme that challenges students to learn how to learn, analyze, and reach considered conclusions about people, language, literature, sciences and mathematics as it affects our world. The IB effectively prepares students for university by asking them to push beyond their perceived educational comfort level. In doing so, they develop the skills needed for post secondary success while in high school.
Note that the schools in Québec province only offer the so called Middle Years IB Programme (up to Grade 11), which prepares students for the regular IB Diploma Programme.
Students participating of this program in Canada will stay with traditional Canadian Families with full board (3 meals a day).
Families are usually close to the school, but students may also have to take public transportation to go from the school to the host family home. Canadian host families are warm and welcoming and they are looking forward to help international students with their English and personal development during their stay in Canada.
Students interested in joining our IB program in Canada must adhere to the following steps:
1. Once you understand our IB program in Canada and you are ready to join, the first step is to complete our online booking form. You will be required to pay 265 EUR, this amount applicable to total cost of the program.
2. Upon booking confirmation, a Nacel representative will be in touch with you with the corresponding forms that you will need to print, fill out and scan back to us for registration. Within the form you will need to introduce information about yourself, education status, health Certificate and read carefully the terms and conditions of the program.
3. As soon as we receive your information we will issue an acceptance letter and invoice. As well we will start looking for a matching host family based on your application.
4. Like 2 months prior to your arrival we will share with you all the VISA support documents for you to initiate the process at the nearest embassy. As well, we will send you the contact details of your future host family.
6. Once you get your VISA approved, please inform us your flight itinerary details in order to arrange your pick up.
Application deadline for our IB schools in Canada:
April 1st for arrival in August; October 1st for arrival in January. Late applications may be accepted up to May 1st, depending on availability and visa delays.
IB Schools in Canada
* Price in Canadian Dollars per participant.
Not included : Application Fees (65 EUR)
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (students have to prepare their own lunch bag)
- Mandatory school fees (schools will ask for a deposit for books) – core subjects only-
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- CAQ fees (Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec) for French Canada
- Custodianship Declaration and notarized documentation for the visa application
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include
- International airfare
- International Travel Insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes)
- School supplies and calculators, uniforms and sport uniforms, club or team fees
- Extra language courses
- All domestic transfers in Canada
- Individual transfers for arrivals outside of scheduled arrivals and departures
- Legalization of High School Transcripts (225 CAD)
- Personal expenses and pocket money
Apply for one of our IB schools in Canada at least 6 months before arrival.
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times.
Program Specific Requirements:
Above average students or students already attending the IB in their home countries may have the opportunity to be admitted into the IB programs. Schools have their own selective process for admission into the IB study programs; Nacel Canada cannot guarantee admission into these programs as this decision remains at the sole discretion of the school principal and IB coordinator.