Language Programs available with Nacel International
Learning a new language and living abroad is an unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience for a teenager. At Nacel International, we know that each student is different and wants to receive a different type of experience. Because of this, we offer 7 language abroad programs:
- Our High School Language Program offers students the opportunity to live with a host family and attend a local school for either 5 or 10 months. To ensure best placement and to maintain our high standards, applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance into a program. Depending on the country that is chosen, age ranges for this program are between 13-18 years. The homes we place students in are carefully selected.
- The Home Lessons Program provides the student with a one-on-one teacher experience. The student will live in their teacher's home and will receive daily lessons. This enables fast learning for the student as they will have less opportunity to speak their native language. This is an intensive language immersion experience. The minimum for home lessons is one week (there is no maximum length of stay).
- The Homestay Program is an ideal way to immerse yourself in the day to day activities of your host country. You will participate in family activities while learning. Add-on options include: Home Schooling, School Integration and Discovery Paris for French Homestays.
- In our Language Course program, you will learn alongside other students. Each day, you have have daily language courses along with activities with the group in the afternoon. Length of stay is from 2-4 weeks and host countries include: England, Ireland, Malta, Germany, Spain, France, Canada, and the United States.
- During your Language School Program, you will live with a host family or in a residence and attend daily language classes in the language school. Activities in the afternoon and on weekends include socio-cultural experiences, sports and tours.
- Our Study and Volunteer Program allows you to improve your Spanish speaking skills while supporting a nonprofit in Costa Rica. During the first half of your stay, you will attend language courses and the second half will be spent working as a volunteer in a nonprofit organization. Minimum age for our Costa Rica volunteer program is 18 years.
- Summer Camps, held in July and August, offer students the opportunity to not only learn a language abroad but also meet new people from around the world and learn team building skills while participating in sports such as soccer and tennis. During the day, language instruction and sports are the primary focus. In the evening, you will have the opportunity to engage socially with others through fun activities like karaoke, discos and games. Since 1957, Nacel's programs have provided young people with the opportunity to discover new things about themselves and the world around them in safe and fun learning environments.
Contact us for more information!