Destinations: Fukuoka Japan
Age: From 16 to 99 Years Old
Dates: all year round
Length: From 2 weeks
Price: From 210 995 JPY
The Japanese course is arranged with a local language school located in Fukuoka, Japan. The school is centrally located.
Facilities: The school has 13 classrooms able to welcome about 120 students, and a large communal lounge for students to relax. PCs with broadband Internet access, and office applications, free wireless Internet access, study space, Wii game console with large selection of games, DVD/TV and large library of DVDs for free rental, portable DVD/CD players for independent study, big-screen video projector, manga/book library, free coffee/tea/chai.
Discover Japan and Japanese in Fukuoka! We offer you a Japanese course plus cultural classes, either Pop Culture or Traditional Culture! This will allow you to not only discover or improve Japanese but also to experience the country!
Type of course: Japanese + Pop Culture or Japanese + Traditional Culture (25 lessons/week)
Course level: From beginner to advanced
- Japanese and Pop Culture: This course gives students the chance to experience the best of modern Japanese culture, whether it's creating their own manga, trying their hand at cosplay, or visiting a maid cafe!
- Japanese and Traditional Culture: Are you interested in Japanese culture? This course offers students the opportunity to learn about the culture while learning the language, and the chance to participate in it with other Japanese people. They will study topics such as ceramics, tea ceremony, calligraphy, and flower arrangement at school, and then join real lessons run for Japanese people with a specialist teacher, as well as learning about Japanese customs, history, and art.
Class duration: 50 min
Test on arrival: yes
Number of students per class: 7 students maximum of different nationalities
Teachers speak English as well as Japanese.
Accreditation: IALC, ALTO
Please arrange your tourist visa, if you need one, by contacting your nearest Japanese embassy.
Many countries have a visa waiver arrangement with Japan, allowing you to visit for a certain period (usually, 3 or 6 months) to learn Japanese without any visa at all.
Fukluoka is a city of 1.5 million people located in Southern Japan. Fukuoka is regularly chosen as one of the best cities in Asia, with beautiful beaches just minutes from school! Fukuoka is famous for the friendliness of its residents and a very popular tourist destination for Japanese people. Prices are a lot cheaper than other cities like Tokyo. For example lunch at a cafe in Tokyo often costs JPY ¥800 but in Fukuoka it can cost from JPY ¥500.
Besides the activities included in the course, the school may offer a variety of excursions, including an overnight stay on a farm, a day trip tour of Nagasaki or a weekend trip to the world’s biggest caldera for example! The local staff also runs barbecues, visits to local festivals, and more, depending on the season. For example, they regularly visit Mt. Aso (the largest active volcano in Japan), Nagasaki, a pottery workshop for hands-on practice, and a soba noodle workshop.
Minimum language level: beginner
The only requirement is that students must be able to read the hiragana alphabet before arriving at school.
Homestay: breakfast only, single room.
|2 weeks||JAFU2||215 000 JPY*|
|4 weeks||JAFU4||320 000 JPY*|
* Please note that the invoice will be issued in Euros based on the currency exchange rate of the day the invoice is issued.
Note that Japanese courses without cultural classes are also available for a longer period of stay. Please inquire.
Complete beginners can start on the first and third Monday of July or August. Note that the third Monday of July is a bank holiday (Marine Day), therefore classes will start the following day, Tuesday.
Other levels: the course can start any Monday.
The program may last 2 or 4 weeks. Arrival on a Sunday, departure on a Sunday (or Saturday to Saturday).
Please indicate your preferred start and end dates on your application form.
- Administration fees
- Homestay accommodation with breakfast only
- Language courses as per course choice
- Activities included as per course choice
- Airport pick-up and transfers on arrival and departure
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical, Liability and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)