Destinations: Southampton United Kingdom
Age: From 13 to 17 Years Old
Length: 2 weeks
Price: 1 795 GBP
Southampton is a major harbor located on the south coast of England, in Hampshire. Our centre is located on the campus of the Solent University. Highlights will be a visit of London, of the Isle of Wight et of the car museum. Our aim is to offer students the opportunity to enjoy using English to communicate in a relaxed, stimulating and caring environment.
Southampton is one of the UK’s greenest cities, with 10 large parks and the Common, which covers an area equivalent to 163 football pitches! Just over an hour from London, a short distance from Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Winchester, its location also makes it easy to travel to Europe and beyond either by ferry or from the city’s nearby airport. The city has a strong sense of history and heritage. Medieval walls nestle among modern developments to create a unique waterfront environment. It’s famous for its global maritime role, primarily as a major trading port, but also as home to some of today’s greatest ocean liners, container ships, yachts and private boats.
The course will take place at Southampton Solent University where the main campus is set opposite one of the elegant parks that are dotted throughout the city. Everything is within easy walking distance and lessons, meals and some activities will take place on the main campus.
This camp combines English language courses and a program of activities and visits.
It aims at:
- improving knowledge of the English language (vocabulary, grammar etc.)
- improving communication skills
- discovering British way of life
Students attend 3 hours English course per weekday, 4 to 5 days a week, so 30 hours for a 14 day-session.
Experience a professional, dynamic approach to teaching English with well qualified and experienced staff. On arrival, students are tested, interviewed individually and assigned to one of the group levels ranging from Beginner to Advanced. The maximum number of students per class is 15. There are 15 hours of tuition each week and additional optional intensive group or individual courses are available. Our fully qualified and experienced teachers use the most up-to-date teaching material and modern didactic methods. Certificates of attendance and detailed progress reports, together with prizes to students who have made most progress, are awarded at the end of the course. A diary competition is also held.
Cultural and sports activities are organized on afternoons, including:
- Titanic Project,
- 1 Sports afternoon
- 1 Disco per week
- Walking Tour of Southampton
- Talent Contest
- City Art Gallery Walking Tour of SouthamptonWalkingWa Tour of SouthamptonWalkingWalking Tour of Southam
- one full-day excursion to Oxford (inc. Pitt Rivers Museum, Museum of Natural History),
- one full-day excursion to London (inc. walking tour of main sights: London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, St. James’ Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Oxford Street etc.)
- one half-day excursion to the Isle of Wight by ferry
- one half-day excursion to top attraction, Beaulieu (inc. National Motor Museum)
2 years of English studies are required to participate in this camp.
Residence: single room, full board.
Students will be accommodated in one of the residences just 10 minutes walk from the main campus. Students will enjoy the use of single study bedrooms with en-suite toilet, washbasin and shower facilities. Other facilities include Common room with Sky TV, DVD player and free pool and table football; Vending machines for cold drinks and confectionery; laundry room equipped with coin-operated washing machines, tumble dryers and facilities for ironing.
All meals are taken in the modern university restaurant - catering is on a self-service basis and a high standard of cuisine is maintained. Students receive Full Board with packed lunches on day excursions.
|UK||English course, residence||Southampton||2 weeks||GP73R||1 795 GBP|
DATES: July 4th to 18th and July 18th to August 1st 2016.
- Administration fees
- Residence accommodation on a full board basis
- Language courses on mornings
- Course material
- Activities, visits and full-day excursions
- Airport pick-up and transfers on arrival and departure, from London Gatwick or London Heathrow airport
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)