Age: From 14 to 18 Years Old
Dates: June to September
Length: 8 or 12 weeks
Price: From 3190 USD
Our Homestay and School Integration program offers a unique way to experience the daily and routine of young Argentinean teenagers. The participant lives with a local host family and goes to school (except during school holidays) with the host sister or brother, like any other student.
Students are welcomed as a new family member and spend their evenings and week-ends sharing the family’s activities. Students learn through the constant immersion in the local language environment. They cannot speak their native language, and that will cause Spanish language skills to improve quickly and efficiently. The homestay and school integration is a good way to prepare for a longer academic program abroad.
We place students in semi-private schools (which are subsidized by the Argentinean government) or semi-public schools (which receive tuition payments from the families). Private schools are available on request at an additional cost. High schools in Argentina are well organized, have high academic standards, and offer a friendly and supportive environment. Students will be placed in the following provinces: Córdoba, Buenos Aires, Salta, Jujuy, Catamarca, Santa Fé, and smaller cities in the Patagonia. Students cannot request any specific location.
The short-term program offers the opportunity to experience Argentinean lifestyle and culture from the inside and not as a tourist. It is the best way to improve language skills and integrate the everyday life of another country.
- A minimum of one to two year of Spanish language study
- Participants must show that they are mature enough to participate in the program that requires:
- Interest in learning about the Argentinean culture
- Deep desire to integrate a different family and share actively their everyday life
- Enthusiasm for improving language communication skills
- Willingness to make new friends
- An open and flexible attitude
Host family, full board.
Students are hosted in warm Argentinean host families, who want to share their everyday life with a foreign student. The typical Argentinean family is made up of the mother, father and two or three children. Families are really close knit and include the extended family: grandparents, uncles, aunts etc...
Our families volunteer to host a student which means they are not paid to host a foreign student. They are motivated by cultural exchange and international friendship. The host family provides accommodation and meals at home. Meals eaten outside the home (including school lunches) must be paid for separately by the student.
|Argentina||Argentinean Homestay and High School||Host Family||8 weeks||IMARG||3 190 USD|
|Argentina||Argentinean Homestay and High School||Host Family||12 weeks||IMARG||Under Request|
Dates : From June to September (8 to 12 weeks).Please note that this program is open to students from 14 to 18 years old (students must not turn 19 during the program)
Students should bring between $200-$250 USD per month in spending money.
Please indicate your desired dates on your form.
- Administration fees
- Host family placement with full board
- Host school placement and tuition fees if any
- Airport pick-up and transfer to/from the host family
- Support, assistance and 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by the family, the school or others
- Extra language courses, specific subject fees, school material, uniforms if any
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)