Destinations: Monaghan, Cavan Ireland
Age: From 13 to 18 Years Old
Dates: September to May
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 8 690 EUR
Be an international student in a private school in Ireland
Looking forward to discover beautiful green landscapes, a quiet lifestyle and become part of a local private High School in Ireland? Then this program is a perfect match for you!
We place international students in two private schools. These two schools are located in the County Monaghan and County Cavan, just bordering with Northern Ireland. The private High School in Monaghan and Cavan allow pupils to not only immerse in the Irish educational system, but will also give them the unique opportunity to experience firsthand the essence of the country’s breathtaking beauty and culture.
Highlights of the Program:
- Diverse Educational System: Ireland offers a very stable and diversified educational structure compared to other European countries.
- Local support while studying abroad: students receive constant support from their Irish Host Family, the guardianship of a local coordinator and pastoral care at school 24/7. The safety and emotional welfare of our students are our main priorities.
- Free E-Learning Course for International Students (Non-English Speaking Countries): Our High School exchange program in Ireland offers a free e-learning platform for you to start practicing your English before your arrival. We make sure you have all the tools you need to be prepared and ready to go!
- Great English-speaking destination at the best price: Studying abroad in Ireland is now possible thanks to our affordable prices and payment structures!
Co-Educational Secondary private School
Deadline:Apply at least 5 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted in a private High School in Monaghan and Cavan (preferably in English).
A minimum of two years of English study and good academic results are required.
This high school program in Ireland is open to both European Union and non-European Union students.
Irish Host Families are known to be warm and supportive at all times with our students. Nacel makes a careful selection of the families based on availability as well as the pupil’s interests and needs. We usually work with families that have kids already going to school, however students interested in applying must be open minded about:
- Being placed in a single parent family or a retired couple family
- The possibility of sharing room with a host sister or another international student.
The participants of the private High School in Monaghan and Cavan receive full board (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Packed lunches during school days).
Accreditation of Grades:
International students have 2 options to accredit their transcripts (via apostille if this is required by the school in the country of origin):
• Option A: The student stays longer in Ireland and does the apostille process on their own. The student will have to stay and pay for extra weeks.
• Option B: Nacel’s local coordinator does the apostille process for the student for an additional cost.
Please feel free to get in touch with one of our representatives for more detailed information about these particular options.
Students interested in starting an application for this program must:
1. Have a conference call with a Nacel Program coordinator to determine eligibility. We look for students who are emotionally mature and show good academic performance.
2. If you decide to move forward with the application process you will need to complete a one time booking and pay a non-refundable fee of 265 EUR. (65 EUR are application fees and 200 EUR will be applicable to the total cost of the program)
3. Once booking is completed, we will send you the application forms. They must be filled out and returned to us via email in a PDF File.
4. If you are accepted into the program, we will issue an Invoice and Acceptance letter.
5. If necessary, we can provide you with all the relevant material for your VISA application, however please bear in the mind that the student will be responsible for carrying out this process. Depending on their nationality, students will only be required to present the school acceptance letter, an Insurance certificate, a letter from the Natural parents authorising their participation in the program and the invoice upon arrival. Please contact your local Embassy to learn more about this process.
6. The final step is booking your International flight, it is imperative you share the travel details with us so we can arrange your transfers from Dublin.
Private High School in Monaghan or Cavan (Non EU students)
|High School in Monaghan, Ireland||Fall Term||September to December||Monoghan||ZEPT2||9 190 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Monaghan, Ireland||Spring Semester||January to May||Monaghan||ZEPS2||10 490 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Monaghan, Ireland||Academic Year||September to May||Monoghan||ZEPY2||14 440 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Cavan, Ireland||Fall Term||September to December||Cavan||ZEPT1||8 690 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Cavan, Ireland||Spring Semester||January to May||Cavan||ZEPS1||9 990 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Cavan, Ireland||Academic Year||September to May||Cavan||ZEPY1||14 190 EUROS||Non EU|
- Administration fees
- School registration and tuition fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunches on school days); accommodation included during Christmas and Easter holidays
- Orientation on arrival by the local coordinator
- Airport pick-up and transfer on arrival and departure only
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Daily transfers from family to school (bus passes might be necessary)
- School uniforms and sport uniforms (250 EUR), school books
- Extra language courses
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)