Aidan is doing great and Marta is a sweetheart. He is very happy with his family. Marta and I talk back and forth she is doing wonderfully with her English. Thank you again for this amazing and life changing experience that you helped facilitate for Aidan. Brooke C.
Destinations: All across Spain Spain
Age: From 15 to 18 1/2 Years Old
Dates: September to June
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 6590 EUR
Be an exchange student in Spain
Join a unique High School Program experience specifically designed for Native English Speakers hosted by a volunteer Spanish family and attend regular classes in a public or private High School in Spain. This is a full immersion program available only to students coming from English speaking countries.
Students will be able to go for a full academic year from September to June (Public School), a semester or a Term (Private School). If you have a low Spanish level you can enroll in a non-mandatory intense Spanish Course before the academic year starts and also have access to a totally free online e-learning tool that will help to improve those areas that might need reinforcement. (Listening, conversational, grammar, Literature).
Highlights of the program:
- Best Immersion Experience in Spain: Students will be living with a warm and welcoming Spanish host family while assisting school like any other local student.
- Guardianship and Support 24/7: Students will receive full support from the host family, the local coordinator and our professional team.
- Free online Spanish preparation course: Nacel provides you with a free e-learning platform for you to start practicing your Spanish before your arrival.
- Credited program: Based on your academic performance you will have the opportunity of receiving transcripts at the end of the program (restrictions may apply, please contact our professionals for further information).
- Competitive price: Our accessible prices will open the door for you to embark on an unforgettable academic experience in Spain.
Public and private schools
Deadline:Apply at least 6 months before arrival.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Spain (preferably in Spanish).
A minimum of two years of Spanish study and good academic results are required to study in Spain.
Students must be English native speakers.
Volunteer Host Families
Volunteer host families are carefully selected based on availability and also your interests. Spanish host families are known for being very welcoming and enthusiastic of getting to know the culture of our students.
Students are required to integrate with the family activities such as trips and days out. It is also important that the student gets involved with housework responsibilities.
Host families will offer a full board accommodation and packed lunches during school days.
Accreditation of Grades:
Students for an Academic year program might be able to convalidate their transcripts as long as:
- Their local school in their origin country will accept the certified credits earned during their academic year in Spain.
- They succeed and pass their academic year with the minimum grades.
Each student is fully responsible to learn what the requirements are in order to complete a convalidation of transcripts. Even though Nacel is not responsible for this process we will provide professional advice at all times.
The application for your student exchange program in Spain is done in six stages:
1. An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
2. Once you complete the booking, we will send you the application forms that will need to be filled out carefully and must be sent back to us via email in a PDF file.
3. Once you are accepted in the program, we will issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement.
4. Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you.
5. We assist you in applying for your visa if necessary; we will send you a Visa application guide.
6. You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your transfers upon your arrival.
High School program in Spain (English native speakers)
|High School in Spain||Winter Term, private school||all over Spain||September to December||ZSPT3||6 590 EUROS|
|High School in Spain||Semester, private school||all over Spain||January to June||ZSPS3||8 690 EUROS|
|High School in Spain||Academic Year, private school,||all over Spain||September to June||ZSPY3||11 990 EUROS|
|High School in Spain||Academic Year, public school||all over Spain||September to June||ZSPY4||8 290 EUROS|
- Administration fees
- Placement in a local public or private school
- Host family placement on a full board basis
- Airport pick-up and transfers to host family only on the dates indicated for the start of the program
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Extra language courses
- Books, lockers, laboratories, yearbook, class ring, letter jacket, student activities etc…
- Extra activities such as sports, excursions, etc… organized by the school or others.
- Airport pick-up and transfers outside the dates indicated
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)
We worked with Nacel for 6 months to prepare our 15-year old daughter for a year of high school abroad in Spain. The staff were very responsive, answering all of our questions and addressing our concerns immediately. Emails and phone calls were responded to quickly, and the staff were always available by phone. Additionally the Nacel staff went above and beyond their role to problem solve with us when we experienced challenges and confusion in the bureaucratic process of the embassy requirements. Our host family selection was done with thought and care for our daughter’s age and experience level. It is obvious that a positive student experience is paramount at Nacel. We felt at all times that we were working with individuals who cared for our daughter's well-being (and ours as parents, too.) At the time of departure, we felt fully prepared, knowing where our child would be going, what she would need for the school system and life abroad, and we were put in direct communication with our fantastic host family to guide us into a successful year abroad. Thank you to all the Nacel staff involved in making our daughter’s dream a reality. Thank you!
My family is great. I really like it here! In my classes, it is still difficult to understand however, the tutor is great. she helps me a lot with my homework because it is hard to read in subjects like anotomía and filosofía and when I don’t have homework, she helps me with Spanish. As for my spanish, I would'nt say that it is that good yet but it has improved since I have got here… Love, Hannah
No te he olvidado durante mi año aquí en España, y estoy totalmente enamorada con Asturias. He estado estudiando para 5 meses, y como dice mi padre de aquí, "si estas comiendo 3 dedos, ya acabaste dos y solo queda uno." Pero estoy muy triste que en 4 meses hay que volver a mi país y tengo que dejar a mi familia española.
Pero bueno, no pasa nada. Ahora mismo, estoy muy contenta. smile emoticon Estoy estudiando mucho porque en un mes, vamos a Cádiz para Semana Santa. ¡Tengo muchas ganas! Así que estoy estudiando, en los fines de semanas voy al cine con Celia y nos dormimos en la casa de mi abuela. Cocinamos mucho, que me encanta. Ahora, sé cómo se hace la tortilla española, fabada asturiana y lentejas.
Otra vez, gracias por todo. Sin vosotros, este viaje no habría sido posible, y ha cambiado mi vida.
“Ellen had a wonderful time. Thank you for all your help. Ellen’s mother”