"Being an exchange student has been a wonderful experience. I’m really happy; I’m enjoying myself and I’m learning so many things.My host family is really nice. I feel that I’m really a part of the host family!!!! and I’m really happy because I had to move to a different family, but not because we had a problem, they couldn’t host me, but they are really nice, sometimes I go to their place for dinner. With my current host family I get along really well!!!! I’m doing well at school too, my Italian is improving every day, and I also have made a lot of friends. At the benning I was kind of scared because everybody told that the first couple of months of this experience are hard because you get to feel lonely or homesick, but it has been different to me because since the day I arrived I have been really happy, and the time has been going so fast that I would like to stay longer, but I can’t hehe.. NACEL has been great too; they have supported me all the time. Every day of this experience has been unforgettable!! The fact that you are away from home, experimenting a new culture, a new language gives you the opportunity to grow, it’s kind of hard at the beginning, but you realized how much you can improve and grow all the time. I do miss my city, my family and friends sometimes, but I’m aware that the time is going by really fast so I want to enjoy every single day of my year as an exchange student."
Age: From 14 to 18 Years Old
Dates: September to June
Length: Term, Semester, Academic year
Price: From 6490 EUR
High School Program Italy
The High School Program in Italy gives International students the once in a lifetime opportunity of enjoying the unique and picturesque Italian lifestyle whilst assisting a local public school with other Italian classmates.
We have a vast network of professional coordinators all across Italy, therefore students can be sent to various destinations within the country. The participants of this high school exchange program in Italy should be open minded and flexible with regards to their placement location, as well as trying to get involved with their volunteer families.
Based on each individual student’s needs, they may enroll in one of the following school types:
- Classic High School (Liceo Classico)
- Scientific High School (Liceo Scientifico)
- Fine Arts High School (Liceo Artistico)
- Teacher Training School (Istituto Magistrale)
- Artistic School (Istituto d'Arte)
- Technical Institute (Istituti Tecnici)
- Professional Institute (Istituti Professionali)
Highlights of the Program:
- Orientation Camp on Arrival: Upon arrival, pupils will be transferred to an Orientation camp in the majestic Milan. Here they will have the opportunity to meet other fellow young travellers and take part in an intensive language course 4 hours a day for 4 days. Students will need to make their own way to Milan Airport.
- Local Coordinator Support: Each student will be assigned a local volunteer representative who will be in charge of ensuring the welfare of each and one if our students. Our local coordinators are usually teachers from the schools looking to further develop international exchanges in their local community.
- Free E-Learning Course: Our High School exchange program in Italy offers a free e-learning platform for you to start practicing your Italian before your arrival. Contact us to learn more about this unique learning tool.
Apply for your exchange program inÂ Italy at leastÂ 6 months before arrival. Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Italy.
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times..Â Eligibility:
A minimum of two years of Italian study and good academic results are required to study in Italy.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Italy.
Our Italian host families are volunteers, therefore they are committed to learning about the student’s culture, and likewise sharing their customs and traditions. They are warm and welcoming, ensuring that the pupil feels safe, comfortable and relaxed within their environment.
This being said, host families will expect the students to join in with the family activities such as days out, bonding time after school and also helping with basic home tasks.
Students will be on a full board basis receiving: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. School lunches are not contemplated.
Accreditation of Grades:
Students are in charge of finding out, along the school consul, if they are able to accredit their transcripts once the program is completed.
Our team of qualified professionals will help the students gather the necessary documentation in order to help them, however Nacel is not responsible for the procedures and information required for this process in the home country.
Graduation from this program is not possible.
Deadlines are: March 31st for arrival in September; August 31st for arrival in January.
Late applications may be accepted depending on availability and visa delays.
Please request the specific application form for the school type you are interested in.
The application package should include:
- Application form
- 4 ID pictures & family album
- Interview report
- Italian teacher’s letter of recommendation
- Grade reports for the last three years (translated to English)
- Health form
- Program rules
High School program in Italy
|High School in Italy||Semesters||September to January or January to June||ZITS1/2||7 140 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Italy||Academic Year||September to June||ZITY1||8 390 EUROS||Non EU|
|High School in Italy||Semesters||September to January or January to June||ZITS1/2||6 490 EUROS||EU|
|High School in Italy||Academic Year||September to June||ZITY1||7 740 EUROS||EU|
- Administration fees
- Placement in a local school
- Host family placement on a full board basis (packed lunch on weekdays)
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the host family on arrival and departure
- Orientation on arrival
- Italian language course
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- International Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- School excursions, books, material, uniform, school lunches if needed, school tuition fees if any
- Local transport
- Extra language courses
- Extra activities organized by the school
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Domestic transfers
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance.
- Application fees (65 euros)