Destinations: All across Ecuador Ecuador
Age: From 15 to 18 1/2 Years Old
Dates: September to June
Length: Semester, Academic Year
Price: From 5945 USD
HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM IN ECUADOR
Your Exchange Program in Ecuador with Nacel International
Smallest country in the Andean highlands with a great combination of warm people, well preserved colonial architecture, beautiful volcanic landscapes, dense rain forest and magnificent shores of the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador has a lot to offer to exchange students wishing to improve their Spanish skills. Touch down in its picture-perfect capital, Quito, and you are no more than a few hours from a hike through all-swallowing Amazonian jungle, a snow swept ascent of a volcano, a sociable haggle with indigenous artisans, or a welcome wallow on a tropical beach.
Exchange students are placed in public or private schools (with extra fee) and local host families during their High School program in Ecuador.
PUBLIC AND PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOLS IN ECUADOR
The first 3-year cycle of Ecuadorian secondary school is a general curriculum´s. In the second cycle, students can specialize in one of several different curriculums. Exchange students in Ecuador usually choose liberal arts that will include Literature, History, and Speech. Students will wear a school uniform and remain in one classroom; teachers rotate rooms.
STUDY ABROAD IN ECUADOR
Note that most exchange students will be placed in private schools and schools are co-ed; there are also single-sex schools. Students go to school on mornings (from 7am to 2pm) and have to do their homework on afternoons. School begins at 7am and ends at 2pm. Afternoons are dedicated to schoolwork. The local coordinator organizes monthly activities for all exchange students in Ecuador.
Graduation is not possible during your experience in a High School in Ecuador.
Public or private
Apply for your exchange program inÂ Ecuador at leastÂ 4 months before arrival. Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Ecuador (preferably in Spanish).
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times.Eligibility:
A minimum of two years of Spanish study (minimum B grade average during the last 2 years) and good academic results (grades equivalent to C and higher during the last 3 years of study) are required to study in Ecuador.
Exchange students must be interviewed in their home country before being accepted for a High School program in Ecuador (preferably in Spanish).
Study abroad in Ecuador and live with a host family, providing full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Please request more information through the contact form.
Please require information through the contact form.
High School Program in Ecuador
|High School in Ecuador||Semester||September to January or January to June||ZECY1/2||6 840 USD|
|High School in Ecuador||Academic Year||September to June||ZECY1||9 290 USD|
The application to your student exchange program in Ecuador is done in six stages:
1.An interview is carried out with you and your family to determine eligibility
2.You complete the application form and return it to us with supporting documents
3.We issue the formal acceptance and start working on your placement
4.Arrangements are made for your placement and communicated to you
5.We assist you to apply for your visa if necessary
6.You determine your travel arrangements and we organize your arrival
We wish you a successful exchange program in a High School in Ecuador!
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board
- Host school placement
- Airport pick up and transfer on arrival and departure
- One-day orientation on arrival
- Student ID card, student orientation and progress reports
- Monthly activities with the local coordinator
- Support, assistance and 24 hours emergency phone number during the whole program
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance (luggage lost, flight delay etc.)
- Visa, passport, paper legalization (around 20 USD) and medical exam fees
- School bus (around 40 USD per month), school lunches, school fees in private schools (around 40 to 60 USD per month)
- Personal expenses and pocket money and Extra extracurricular activities, excursions, school books, school uniforms and supplies (around 300 USD the first month, 150 to 200 USD the following months)
- Domestic transfers and transportation
- Extra activities organized by schools and others
- Extra language courses
- Medical and Emergency Repatriation Insurance
- Application fees (65 euros)