HIGH SCHOOL IN AUSTRALIA
Nacel offers international students the opportunity to complete an academic semester or term program in Australia!
This is a beautiful destination, where international students can enjoy a safe and relaxed environment with abundant space and social activities. High Schools in Australia reflect a deep multicultural diversity, with students from all backgrounds, mixing and forming friendships that extend beyond the classroom.
International students will be placed in and around Melbourne.
STUDY ABROAD IN AUSTRALIA
The exchange student in Australia enrolling in a high school will study formal subjects at their age's appropriate levels. International students on an exchange program in Australia will fully participate in the school activities and family life, and will have opportunities to take part in many extracurricular activities. A High School in Australia always offer excellent campus facilities.
Australia became the third country where parents would like their children to study in, after the UK and the USA!
Why parents choose Australia?
- Safe country and welcoming people
- Excellence in education
- Large school investments in study facilities, technology, learning resources
- Highly developed Arts and Sports enrichment programs
- Attractive Universities
- 12th largest economy in the world despite having only 0.3 per cent of the world’s population, 25 years of consecutive growth, skilled workforce
Additionally, our selected coordinators offer a 24/7 monitored assistance during the student’s program. Coordinators will maintain contact to follow up on the participant’s experience and progress, and reports will be supplied after completion of a year of High School in Australia.
This program offers studying opportunities in both Public and Private schools.
Students interested in applying for an exchange program in Australia must apply at least 6 months before arrival.
Public or private school.
Apply for your exchange program in Australia at least 6 months before arrival.
Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability and visa processing times.
International Students must be a maximum age of 17,5 years and a minimum age of 14,5 years on arrival in Australia (Students cannot turn 18 in Australia – except in their last month of stay). They must also have an excellent English level (equivalent of IELTS Exam with a 5 score).
The program is offered to students with the following native languages: French, Spanish, Italian & German. Other languages may be accepted on request.
Students must also show maturity and experience living away from home at all times. It’s important that students are flexible and willing to adapt to new environments.
Students are placed in welcoming Australian host families on a full board basis (that means Breakfast, Lunch (or packed lunch during school days) and Dinner). Australian host families are internationally known for being warm, open and outgoing. Students will be invited to join the family in day to day activities, with the main purpose of discovering and learning all about the Australian culture.
International pupils must be aware that during their stay in Australia, there is also the possibility of being placed in 1 or 2 host families. Information about your host family will be placed prior to your departure.
Late applications may be considered on request. Please contact us before applying to this program, in order to check availability.
Your application will be accepted based on the following criteria:
• The quality of the student’s application
• The satisfactory academic performance of the student
• The student’s capacity of the school – (to enable the enrollment of an additional student)
• Support from the school community to voluntarily host a student
Once your application meets all the criteria above, we will issue an acceptance letter and an invoice. Documentation for starting the VISA process will be sent to you. Please make sure to check with your local Australian Embassy the specific requirements of what you need in order to submit your application.
High School program in Australia
|High School in Australia
||Various start and end dates
||9 390 AUD
|High School in Australia
||Late January to late June or mid July to mid December
||14 140 AUD
|High School in Australia
||Late January to mid December
||25 990 AUD
- Administration fees
- Host family accommodation with full board (packed lunch on schooldays)
- Host school placement
- Airport pick-up and transfer from/to airport (on arrival and departure).
- Orientation workshop in host city by the local coordinator
- OHSC included
- Pastoral care and support, assistance and a 24 hour emergency phone number during the whole program.
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- Visa, passport and medical exam fees
- Preparation for High School Entrance (extra cost)
- Local transport from and to the school (AUD 30 – AUD 50 per week), purchased school lunches (AUD 25 – AUD 50), extra language courses
- Extra activities organized by schools, non compulsory school expenses (school camps, excursions), optional/specialist subject levies, non compulsory
- School text books (AUD 350 - AUD 800), stationery, computer hire, other school supplies and school uniforms (AUD 200 - AUD 500)
- Medical, Liability & Emergency Repatriation insurance
- Personal expenses and pocket money
- Application fees (65 euros)
Leyla lives in Australia for a year, she has lived in a boarding house and she assesses Nacel’s organisation of her trip and her accommodation.
Nacel organisation :
Quality of Nacel’s website : good
Information about your program provided by Nacel's website: good
Nacel's staff through your stay: good
Documents provided after your application: good
Distance between your accommodation and the school: very good
Comfort of your accommodation: neutral
Quality of the meals served in the family: neutral
I would rate this program at: good